• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow... This is what we need in our new AD!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Did he also say, "Thanks for hiring me, but my real goal is to be AD at a better school."? Because that's just about as dumb, even if everyone knows it's true.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

News that cincy joined the b12 wouldn't control the news cycle for even an hour. It would be mentioned midway through sports center.

college sports is about rivalries and USF is 50% owner of the only rivalry in the generican. We are one of two schools that actually makes a group of people mad when we have success. . . . We have fans and we have haters. We need the right leadership to drive value from that fact.

Cincy may be more valuable to the generican today, but we can surpass them in only a few years if we get the right leadership.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

Not impressed with that tactic. Glad to see a lot of people on here agree. 

Act professional, act first-class.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

We are 100% in and for the AAC.

Til we're not.

Nuff said.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

The people in this thread that think this new AD's actions was appropriate are also the ones that think that USF has the ability to FORCE more conference realignment to happen. All we can do is position ourselves in the best position possible, so when the time comes for more change, we are ready.... WE ARE NOT IN COTROL HERE. WE NEVER WERE. We cant force decision makers to change their minds right now.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Til we're not.

Nuff said.

Be on the lookout for a civil action notice from DELdabull for copyright infringement any day now. :D

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

Til we're not.

Nuff said.

Be on the lookout for a civil action notice from DELdabull for copyright infringement any day now. :D

'sallright. I got a GREAT lawyer! :D

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091

Two nights ago prior to the Cincy vs Uconn basketball there new AD was introduced to the crowd.  He then said something to ignite the fanbase. "My number one priority is to get us into a better conference"!   This is the kind of brash-no bs-bold statement that I want our new guy to say.  As a season ticket holder I want to know that the new guy has the priority that we as fans do.

first we need to get rid of our ad and president that let us get us inot the aac in the first place

of course you want to hire someone that thinks big

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Two nights ago prior to the Cincy vs Uconn basketball there new AD was introduced to the crowd.  He then said something to ignite the fanbase. "My number one priority is to get us into a better conference"!   This is the kind of brash-no bs-bold statement that I want our new guy to say.  As a season ticket holder I want to know that the new guy has the priority that we as fans do.

first we need to get rid of our ad and president that let us get us inot the aac in the first place

of course you want to hire someone that thinks big

Once again, the resident contrarian is stating something which makes him look less than knowledgeable.  I would love to hear what the AD or the President could have done to pry USF with a crowbar into a conference which does not want us.  I am waiting to hear something new besides the same old drivel. If someone actually came up with a feasible scenario where USF could have dictated getting into the ACC or Big 12, I would love to hear it!  I do not think any of the leftovers from the Big East "chose" or "let" themselves get into the AAC.

Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Love these posts and the angles. Seems clearly a calculated risk to me. He's just trying to get donor support--get the fan base energized to attend & contribute so they'll have more capital to throw at the program as part of the campaign to get away from AAC. Just another dime-a-dozen politician that makes boat-loads and doesn't care about reputation. No thanks, hope we get better.