• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF has highest rated non-P5 2014 recruiting class

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I would be absolutely shocked if we pull a LT in this class that starts this coming season. There is a small chance you can get an OLine guy from a Juco that is ready to start, but having that guy be a LT is an even longer shot. We need someone currently on the roster to step up next year and grab the bull by the horns.

Hard to be a Nancy with the run we are on, huh, Data?

Just a realist. It's all great to say "Wow we might get this guy", or "Taggart is doing great because we might get this guy". So what? Over the last three years there have been lots of great recruits we almost got. Kind of ridiculous to be excited a month ago, though some were. It's looking reasonably good, but let's not be too excited until the ink is dry. Even then, we have to start seeing them on the field against real D1 competition before we pass judgement. Plenty of highly thought of recruits will do zero on the field their entire college career.

The unbridled excitement over a mediocre class several weeks ago was complete green and gold goggles thinking.

I've never really understood the psyche of people who get their kicks trying to rain on other people's parade ...

Who knew you were such a softie?

Just a big ol teddy bear ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I would be absolutely shocked if we pull a LT in this class that starts this coming season.  There is a small chance you can get an OLine guy from a Juco that is ready to start, but having that guy be a LT is an even longer shot.  We need someone currently on the roster to step up next year and grab the bull by the horns.

Just a realist.  It's all great to say "Wow we might get this guy", or "Taggart is doing great because we might get this guy".  So what?  Over the last three years there have been lots of great recruits we almost got.  Kind of ridiculous to be excited a month ago, though some were.  It's looking reasonably good, but let's not be too excited until the ink is dry.  Even then, we have to start seeing them on the field against real D1 competition before we pass judgement.  Plenty of highly thought of recruits will do zero on the field their entire college career.

The unbridled excitement over a mediocre class several weeks ago was complete green and gold goggles thinking.

I've never really understood the psyche of people who get their kicks trying to rain on other people's parade ... 

I've never really understood the psyche of people that try to convince me the sky is blue when it is dark grey.

That's the point, nobody's really trying to convince you of anything. If you don't want to see people optimistic about the future, don't come to a recruiting board ...

Au contraire, I have had conversations with people trying to convince me how amazing Taggart's recruiting was, even though the evidence was scarce.  Just like the people telling me that Taggart winning seven games in his second year with a Sun Belt team that was losing before he got there is somehow more impressive than Holtz doing the exact same with a CUSA team playing a much more difficult schedule. 

A little dose of reality never hurt anyone.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I would be absolutely shocked if we pull a LT in this class that starts this coming season.  There is a small chance you can get an OLine guy from a Juco that is ready to start, but having that guy be a LT is an even longer shot.  We need someone currently on the roster to step up next year and grab the bull by the horns.

Just a realist.  It's all great to say "Wow we might get this guy", or "Taggart is doing great because we might get this guy".  So what?  Over the last three years there have been lots of great recruits we almost got.  Kind of ridiculous to be excited a month ago, though some were.  It's looking reasonably good, but let's not be too excited until the ink is dry.  Even then, we have to start seeing them on the field against real D1 competition before we pass judgement.  Plenty of highly thought of recruits will do zero on the field their entire college career.

I've never really understood the psyche of people that try to convince me the sky is blue when it is dark grey.

That's the point, nobody's really trying to convince you of anything. If you don't want to see people optimistic about the future, don't come to a recruiting board ...

Au contraire, I have had conversations with people trying to convince me how amazing Taggart's recruiting was, even though the evidence was scarce. 

If this class holds together through next Wednesday, you are a ******* fool if you can't see what kind of recruiting job he's done for a program that's only beaten 4 FBS teams in the last two years ... 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

I would be absolutely shocked if we pull a LT in this class that starts this coming season. There is a small chance you can get an OLine guy from a Juco that is ready to start, but having that guy be a LT is an even longer shot. We need someone currently on the roster to step up next year and grab the bull by the horns.

Just a realist. It's all great to say "Wow we might get this guy", or "Taggart is doing great because we might get this guy". So what? Over the last three years there have been lots of great recruits we almost got. Kind of ridiculous to be excited a month ago, though some were. It's looking reasonably good, but let's not be too excited until the ink is dry. Even then, we have to start seeing them on the field against real D1 competition before we pass judgement. Plenty of highly thought of recruits will do zero on the field their entire college career.

Au contraire, I have had conversations with people trying to convince me how amazing Taggart's recruiting was, even though the evidence was scarce.

If this class holds together through next Wednesday, you are a ******* fool if you can't see what kind of recruiting job he's done for a program that's only beaten 4 FBS teams in the last two years ...

dont be so positive ..... Why do you have to rain on his parade ? :D

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

dont be so positive ..... Why do you have to rain on his parade ? :D

You mean why do you have to provide an umbrella while he's trying to enjoy the rain on the parade.

3B is right: we're 2-10, in a crap conference, and Taggart has a Top 40 class.  That's amazing.  Yes, it has to translate to wins (duh), but you start by getting the talent on the team.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Databull is an *****, no other way around it. Just block him and be done with it like the rest of us have. The only time I'm forced to see his stupidity now is when you people quote him...

Edited by Hem

I'm a bit confused on the concern re: getting a LT. We have Knox & Hudson, and maybe Ward.  We have some good guards, too (assuming we keep Reagan).

I suppose a JUCO OT would be good (we missed the few we were chasing), but I think if it holds, we've got some really good OL (Michael Smith looks like a BEAST!) 

Could take a year to strengthen them up, but Eatmon is good (but not making the progress I'd hoped) and we may wind up with a roster player who can step up & put Williams on the bench, so White (or Flowers) doesn't get killed.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  124
  • Days Won:  0

Jup, I just don't see Hudson or Knox starting this year. LT is one of the hardest positions for a freshman to start and you rarely see it in college football. If the Bulls get a good juco recruit, then he has a good chance to be a day one starter.

Jup, I just don't see Hudson or Knox starting this year. LT is one of the hardest positions for a freshman to start and you rarely see it in college football. If the Bulls get a good juco recruit, then he has a good chance to be a day one starter.

Yeah, I get that.  I think Eatman started early...but maybe RS.  Hard to get WORSE, so I'm hopeful someone steps up, if we don't get a JUCO (not sure which JUCO OTs are still in play).