• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kevin Bronson, DE, Village Academy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

For Chrissakes, read what he wrote. He kicked em in the family jewels right after leaving campus.

He said that he liked Virginia Tech - what am I missing? Are you saying that calling somewhere a "college town" was meant as a slam? I don't think most would view it that way.

Agreed...unless the lack of gushing makes you feel better.  Who knows with this guy.  What'd be say about USF?

Scout says he's got Nebraska & Vandy next week. Can't do both, so I suppose Neb is it.

Vandy could always be a mid-week OV. They're not all that common, but if he wanted to see it bad enough before NSD, it's a possibility

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Looks like the "experts" on 247 are overwhelming VT.

Getting Blackwood tonight helps ease not getting Bronson, if that's how it pans out.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

College towns are attractive because everybody in them has some connection to the college and caters to it. Athletes are also worshiped in said places...they are stalked by fans like paparazzi.

Also by the ladies...

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

For Chrissakes, read what he wrote. He kicked em in the family jewels right after leaving campus.

He said that he liked Virginia Tech - what am I missing? Are you saying that calling somewhere a "college town" was meant as a slam? I don't think most would view it that way.

Agreed...unless the lack of gushing makes you feel better.  Who knows with this guy.  What'd be say about USF?

Scout says he's got Nebraska & Vandy next week. Can't do both, so I suppose Neb is it.

Vandy could always be a mid-week OV. They're not all that common, but if he wanted to see it bad enough before NSD, it's a possibility

he's already mentioned that possibility

This sounds more than a little dismissive to me

"Just drove to Blacksburg yesterday. It was freezing and looked like there was not much there other than the college"

That's not a cheery, I love college towns quote.

BTW Bullcocky, you seem to claim expertise in attending school in a college town. What university did you attend?

I grew up in VA, half my family attended VT. Been through there a bunch of times. Appalachia off the grounds of Tech is downright depressing. I can totally see a South Florida kid going into shock seeing where it is located, oh and that weather issue that some tried to dismiss, might want to notice that FREEZING word.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

"Just drove to Blacksburg yesterday. It was freezing and looked like there was not much there other than the college"

BTW Bullcocky, you seem to claim expertise in attending school in a college town. What university did you attend?

Did Bronson say that? I thought that quote was from Bullrush on page 1 of this thread. Edited by WWMJD

Did Bronson say that? I thought that quote was from Bullrush on page 1 of this thread.

I thought that was the direct quote from Bronson. He said something just like that on his Twitter, since deleted. I assumed Bullrush was quoting that original  tweet. VT blogs were ablaze earlier over KB comments.

And this

Village Academy DL Kevin Bronson down to four schools
January 24, 2014|Andrew Ivins, Sun Sentinel, Andrew Ivins, Sun Sentinel

With less than two weeks remaining until National Signing Day, Village Academy defensive lineman Kevin Bronson’s recruitment is getting started.

Bronson is taking official visit to Virginia Tech this weekend, one day after Vanderbilt head coach Derek Mason met with the three-star prospect at his home. 

pixel.gif
pixel.gif

Because of the visit, the Sun Sentinel’s No. 12 player in Palm Beach County plans to visit Vanderbilt sometime next week, before taking a scheduled trip to Nebraska on January 31st. 

Village Academy coach Donald Hanna said Friday morning that Bronson is currently considering four schools, and a decision has yet to be made. 

“South Florida, Virginia Tech and Vandy are definitely sitting neck and neck, and [at] Nebraska he wants to meet the players and more of the coaching staff... That’s his top four right now in no specific order,†Hanna said.

Bronson visited USF earlier in the month, and has also heard from the likes of Notre Dame, Rutgers and FAU. 

Virginia Tech – a leader for Bronson at one point – offered a spot in its recruiting class late Thursday night, but according to Hanna, the lineman still wants to take an official to Vanderbilt before making a final decision. The plan is for Bronson to visit the Nashville campus either Wednesday or Thursday before flying to Nebraska for the weekend. 

Vanderbilt coaches are expected to meet with Bronson for a second time early next week, and Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini is also scheduled to make an in-home visit. 

Hanna said that Bronson will make a decision before February 5th, but won’t announce his choice unitl a signing day ceremony at his school.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2014-01-24/sports/sfl-village-academy-dl-kevin-bronson-down-to-four-schools-20140124_1_bo-pelini-vanderbilt-donald-hanna

Edited by Bullwinkle

Vandy is out, from The Palm Beach Post

According to Village Academy HC Don Hanna, Vanderbilt is out of the running for DE Kevin Bronson.

According to Village Academy HC Don Hanna, Vanderbilt is out of the running for DE Kevin Bronson.

He also states that he will be visiting FAU this w/e. No Nebraska it seems

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

He also states that he will be visiting FAU this w/e. No Nebraska it seems

Nebraska just got a UCF DE commit to flip so maybe that's why ...