• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Other Shoe - Potential MBB NCAA Investigation

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

There it is.

Question is, are the two shoes a pair?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Whose shoes are they? Are they Judy's pointed high heels that could put someone's eye out? Maybe Woolard's loafers that would leave quite a mark if you got slapped across the face with them? Or are they some freshman's $2 plastic flip flops they wear into the dorm showers?

I just want to know how much damage we're talking here.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Like I said, best case: this blows over and we don't miss a beat, but rather get better with a new AD and fresh start

Worst case: conference deal rumor is true, but we still have the fresh start. we are back to the early USF days and just have to get to work. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

The point is not why the NCAA is coming, it's that they ARE coming. Once on campus they can look into whatever they'd like, they aren't just limited to the Bball case. If we have any cracks in the foundation, I hope they kept DW around to seal them up.

Worst case: conference deal rumor is true, but we still have the fresh start. we are back to the early USF days and just have to get to work. 

If just throwing out there things that have no chance of happening is valid, then the worst case scenario is that the moon suddenly gets pulled to the earth, lands right on Tampa and destroys the university. It's only slightly less plausible.

The point is not why the NCAA is coming, it's that they ARE coming. Once on campus they can look into whatever they'd like, they aren't just limited to the Bball case. If we have any cracks in the foundation, I hope they kept DW around to seal them up.

Please. This is just fear-mongering nonsense. There's no reason to believe USF is any more likely than any other school to have the kind of skeletons in the closet that you are pretending to be so afraid of.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Yawn ... if Miami gets off virtually scot-free for the Nevin Shapiro BS, I'm really not worried about NCAA investigating USF. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

So you see the AD stepping down days before an investigation takes place as just what, coincidence? His due to retire in 2015 when his contract is up. Do we need a year and change to find another AD? Why now?

So you see the AD stepping down days before an investigation takes place as just what, coincidence? His due to retire in 2015 when his contract is up. Do we need a year and change to find another AD? Why now?

I don't know, time will tell. But unless you have something specific to add, there's no reason to be afraid that there's anything serious under the covers. If you're asking me which is more likely, that it is coincidental timing, or that there is some major, department-altering scandal on the horizon, I'm going to say it being a coincidence is more likely.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Whose shoes are they? Are they Judy's pointed high heels that could put someone's eye out? Maybe Woolard's loafers that would leave quite a mark if you got slapped across the face with them? Or are they some freshman's $2 plastic flip flops they wear into the dorm showers?

I just want to know how much damage we're talking here.

bush-flying-shoe.gif

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I don't think it's too far out of the realm of possibility that those in charge are as disgruntled with the state of athletics as many of us are.  And isn't DW going to a different position this year?  He won't be AD through June of 2015, right?  Perhaps like someone said, the investigation + utter failure of the major sports combined led to DW "stepping down."