• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

expectations > USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Wonder if Mack Brown would make a good AD? B12 ties, TX oil money, understanding of winning FB and it appears most of TX loved the guy.

Mack Brown's brother was an AD and coach at UAB so there you. 

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

Have to admit, I'm thinking we need a new AD and fast. DW has done a lot, but time to pass the keys.

Seen this twice from slick in last hour.  Scaring me.

You all are going to need to wait until he retires. DW is such great friends with the people that have the power, so I dont see DW getting fired anytime soon. Just the way it is. We should be happy with the facilty upgrades. And we all should be hoping that CWT turns it around for football. Personally, these people in power are the same that got rid over a coach that was loyal to USF. A coach that broke down in tears after the win at WVU while being interviewed by ESPN aftet the game. How can USF kick that guy out the door after a BS slap??? They are getting what they deserve right now. It sucks for us fans that have to suffer with them, but they killed the golden goose as you like to put it. Not sure how it can be fixed without long term suffering.

I agree 100% about DW and his buddies Ramil being one of them

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Fan and alumni expectations>USF Athletics administration expectations

Therein lies the problem perhaps, for those fans that haven't just altogether given up.

Most have...even the diehards aren't renewing and jumping ship. The time to turn things around might have already gone and passed.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Therein lies the problem perhaps, for those fans that haven't just altogether given up.

Most have...even the diehards aren't renewing and jumping ship. The time to turn things around might have already gone and passed.

Then they're not diehards .... obviously.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

diehards are not dienevers!  There is a reason not many folks watch ping pong tournaments -- it isn't entertaining.

diehards are not dienevers!  There is a reason not many folks watch ping pong tournaments -- it isn't entertaining.

Diehard ping pong fans do .... Thanks for help making my point.  B)

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Diehard ping pong fans do .... Thanks for help making my point.  B)

Saw that coming...

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I'm sorry, not renewing season tickets and the like does not mean you're not a "die hard".

Everything should be earned. If my kid becomes obese I'm not going to mindlessly keep feeding him donuts. USF doesn't deserve any of my donuts (dollars) until/if they exhibit some behavior that leads me to believe they'll turn it around. E.g. Coaching changes was a step in the right direction, and something the Holtz regime didn't do particularly well.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Except, continuing to buy tickets and such can contribute to turning things around at USF through both financial contribution and fan support that attracts a higher quality of student athlete. Giving your kid donuts in no way helps combat his obesity. It's more like not giving your kid any food at all to combat their obesity.

Though I do agree with you that it's stupid to try and define good fans vs not-good-enough fans. It's all up to a person's own judgments and situation. It's dumb to try and make one rule about it that covers all situations.

I'm sorry, not renewing season tickets and the like does not mean you're not a "die hard".

Yes, it does ....

die-hard /ˈdaɪˌhɑrd/ Show Spelled [dahy-hahrd] Show IPA
noun
a person who vigorously maintains or defends a seemingly hopeless position, outdated attitude, lost cause, or the like.