• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

With UL and UM losing coaches

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Couldn't this be bad for us too? If Strong goes to Texas, with his FL recruiting power, I would think he'd do a better job at Texas. He'd be able to steal more and better recruits

He can only take so many. If he pulls from FL, that leaves his Texas foes (Baylor, TTech, TCU) to get more Texas kids...to play v UT every year. I'm sure he'll still shop in FL, but there's a lot of talent in Texas, and that's his yard.

As to this year, Scout shows Texas has 23 commits, so his boat looks pretty full.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  182
  • Days Won:  2

Strong will be recruiting Texas, live every Texas coach has in the past. He will still come into the state (mostly Miami) to try to pull high 4 and 5 star kids, but he's not going to go after many of the 3 and low 4 star kids that we are after. He can get those kids in Texas and keep them from his in-state competition.

He might have more success with the elite recruits down here, but those kids probably weren't coming to USF anyways.

Strong to Texas is great for USF. Hopefully the Ville hires someone that isn't as focused on Florida, or better yet, isn't as good of a recruiter.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

we may have a pretty good recruiting year on our hands.  fill up those slots.

IIRC, we can take 31 and we have 23 committed,so that leaves 8 more slots to be announced between now and NSD.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Couldn't this be bad for us too? If Strong goes to Texas, with his FL recruiting power, I would think he'd do a better job at Texas. He'd be able to steal more and better recruits

No need to steal too much from the state of Florida. Texas is a big state and there are more than enough recruits there to win championships.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

As long as UCF doesn't get much, I don't care. Unfortunately they're our top rival right now.

We haven't even seen who Miami will hire yet (assuming Golden leaves). If they make a good hire I don't think their class is going anywhere. 

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

As long as UCF doesn't get much, I don't care. Unfortunately they're our top rival right now.

We haven't even seen who Miami will hire yet (assuming Golden leaves). If they make a good hire I don't think their class is going anywhere. 

Name one kid we were competiing with UCF for this year. And for god's sake, don't say Porter. That was pure UCF propaganda from the homer 247 guy

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

We've been competing with BCS competing all year and I haven't seen UCF on any of these kids lists...

Edited by tampatony

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Name one kid we were competiing with UCF for this year. And for god's sake, don't say Porter. That was pure UCF propaganda from the homer 247 guy

Obviously we are competing with UCF for Ironside.  Surely slick has given O'Leary the kids home phone number.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

No need to steal too much from the state of Florida. Texas is a big state and there are more than enough recruits there to win championships.

Also, what people fail to realize is, we don't go after the same level recruits as Texas because we can't win that battle. So no, it won't affect us at all when he's there. When he does go to battle for FL recruits, he'll be battling UF, FSU and UM, not us.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Also, what people fail to realize is, we don't go after the same level recruits as Texas because we can't win that battle. So no, it won't affect us at all when he's there. When he does go to battle for FL recruits, he'll be battling UF, FSU and UM, not us.

yes, I guess we should also give up battling UM, FSU and UF for recruits because we can't ever hope to win a single one. **** I am glad I never had a business partner as optimistic as you. You really don't get all of this, do you?