• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBBall: what do we know so far?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Trip is correct, the issues and problems extend beyond FT shooting.

To me, it's a matter of consistency and continuity/experience. Consistency with the new guys ... Big John has anywhere close to his averages on Sunday, we win that game. Same with CAJ on Monday. Continuity/experience with the starting lineups. We've been starting pretty much 3 players that didn't play a minute for USF last year and Monday that number was 4. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I am thinking that we will struggle to be a .500 team.

As someone said we are not real good down low, just good. The problem there is our guys are very young and also, just now learning to play with each other.

We need a scorer that is dependable. Rudd can score, but where his head is at and how is shots come off is anyone's guess. Allen has potential, but not consistent enough yet

I hope we can find a way to beat Bradley because the next month and a half will be a brutal stretch.

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

I am getting real worried, I was in Vegas for the tournament

These were all first hand observations

1) Night before the 1st game, they had a midnight curfew and were out & about until that time

2) 2 hrs before the 2nd game, many of them were out In N Out Burger pounding food

**** How do either of those things happen, that is 100% on coaching

3) During the 1st game, Musa wasn't dressed and was clowning around in each & every timeout.  He wasn't paying attention in the huddle, he was dancing and turning around and talking to his brother. He then became a cancer when he started to get other teammates involved in his antics, & they started not paying attention to the huddle.  I had a buddy who was at the game that's a scout for one of the NBA teams, he was there along with some others and they all took notice of what Musa was doing during timeouts, & couldn't believe it was tolerated.

4) Though McLendon had a better 2nd game (mostly because of the opponent), its a huge problem that he is playing over Hawkins & Brock, either those 2 are in the dog house or there are just terrible. McLendon came from Hofstra, there is no way his talents led him there out of H.S. then all of a sudden he can start on an AAC team, something is wrong.

5) Big John getting zero post ups during Miss St is mind boggling, grant it if you watch him he has no idea the offense or the plays (either does Hawkins) but at least he scored and played better on offense against Santa Clara.

As previously stated this goes way beyond FT shooting, and there is a big reason to be concerned

Edited by Jewbull

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

many of them were out In N Out Burger pounding food

I don't see a problem here. Blame Tampa and the rest of the east coast for not bring such a lovely burger joint over here. 

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

many of them were out In N Out Burger pounding food

Well, there are million ways to get into trouble in Vegas, so maybe this was okay.

Coach Heath did the unthinkable; he took USF from the Big East stepchild cellar into the NCAA tournament and won games. So he knows how to do it.

I will say that this is his most talented group of players since he's been at USF.

We need to beat Memphis!

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

For this team to be good we need every player to play close to their potential every game.

Rudd 17 point and 8 rebounds

Allen 15 points and 4 assist

Perry 14 points and 8 rebounds

John 9 points and 10 rebounds

AC 8 points and 8 assist

Brock 4 points and great D

Hawkins 8 points

LeDay 6 rebounds

Musa a couple of threes

If they do this consistently we have a chance to have one of the best USF seasons ever.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

If you have 23 and 18 from the center position of course you're going to win a lot of games.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

If you have 23 and 18 from the center position of course you're going to win a lot of games.

Some of those points and rb's are from the PF position ...

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

It is interesting, as the year goes on, I get a little less optimistic about this year and more optimistic about the future.

I don't ever remember having 2 good bigs on the same team. We have them for 3 more years.

I am not sure our league is that tough, I see us over .500 and in some postseason.

Hope we can do better, but not sure how we get there unless we start making more shots.

By the way, eating junk food before a game is on player leadership, in my opinion. We need leaders who are committed to winning to the point that they wouldn't allow their teammates to mess with their chances of winning.