• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our MBB Team: What's wrong with the offense?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I watch other teams and they don't have our problems.

I think against FAMU was the first time that I can remember somebody (Victor) taking jumpers.

They seem to do two things: Go inside the paint or shoot from outside.

We seldom do the 7 to 10-foot shots.

I don't know. I think we get blown out by Mississippi State. I can easily see it as a 15-20 point loss.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I know enough about sports to know there's something not quite right with the offensive rebounding and shooting, but I am fairly clueless when it comes to basketball in general.  So, I can see there's a problem, but I have no idea what it is.

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

the problem is consistency from our two freshman bigs.  thats the problem with young players.  but the best thing is the become sophmores (Al Maguire)

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

the problem is consistency from our two freshman bigs.  thats the problem with young players.  but the best thing is the become sophmores (Al Maguire)

That's likely true for the rebounding, but the two freshman bigs can't really influence the shooting problem.  They should really only make it better, by giving shooters more space as teams move in to defend them.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Could be fear of getting benched.

Stan seems to have a history of keeping a short leash on missed shots. Guys need time to get into the rhythm of a game, and are going to miss a few here and there. If I get yanked for missing, I might pass rather than shoot, even if I'm open, just to make sure I stay on the court. Not saying it's a conscious decision, just that it might be a factor.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

The end result is points. Our total points per game is up this year and above the average. Now I agree we need more variety in our offense but the points at least so far have been there

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

It will get better.  Coach is still transitioning from a Spread style offense to a Pro Style offense.     :drummer:

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

We are sitting at 8-2 Which many would say is a good thing at this point in our season. Our losses were against Okie St( ranked #7 in the country) and Detroit(bad loss) With with wins over FGCU( Not the same team as last year but still a sweet 16 team from last season with 4 of 5 starters returning), Alabama(name recognition and SEC school), George Mason also a Tourney team and good win.

We have a chance to win all 3 of our next games(should win at least 2 if not ALL 3) to put us at 10 OR 11 wins before conference play starts. (Mississippi St is not a power house).(winner of UNLV game could be difficult but winnable).

We have 18 Conference games so if we split them at a minimum we add 9 wins to the record putting us at 19-20 wins on the season.

Have we played a complete game yet, No, Some nights its offensive issues, some nights its rebounding, some nights its defense. Sometimes its a questionable coaching issue ,BUT WE HAVE been finding a way to win!  These close wins could help us down the stretch when the pressure is on.

We are in good shape for a Tourney run if we continue to do as we are doing and not fall apart. 

If and Once the team finally starts clicking on all cylinders I see us having a great season.

Have Faith Bulls fans. Lets hope they continue to show improvement and this year will be special.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Lack of production from the shooting guard position. Hawkins and Musa need to step it up.