• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Top Running Backs on the USF Board

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I think McCray will surprise a lot of people next year. He was a higher rated recruit than Tice was, and his game film was more impressive IMHO. The kid has also added about 30lbs (in a good way) since arriving on campus.

It's a shame Jarvis had to screw his life up, he was the touted as the top RB in the bay.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I think McCray will surprise a lot of people next year. He was a higher rated recruit than Tice was, and his game film was more impressive IMHO. The kid has also added about 30lbs (in a good way) since arriving on campus.

It's a shame Jarvis had to screw his life up, he was the touted as the top RB in the bay.

That's my view, so I was surpised to see Tice play over McCray...perhaps they were saving his RS, or letting him bulk up a bit & learn.  Tice runs angry, like Seattle's Marshawn Lynch (not saying he's in the same ballpart, skillwise, but he runs with attitude).

I just see Pierre as a "home run" thread, as posted earlier...but maybe some seasoning & hard work will help. He'll be a senior, so his window is small.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/923504/highlights/17254376

Just in case people forgot

POSITION RB JERSEY #4 VITALS 6'0" 205 lbs CLASS OF 2013

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

I wouldn't be too shocked if D'Ernest Johnson signs with USF. He already said on twitter "Signing Day Is Going To Be A Surprising Day". It wouldn't surprise anyone by signing with Louisville...

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Just a question since I haven't seen him play. I know he is listed as a fullback. But how would Swanson do as a feature back in this offense? At 245lbs, with an offense designed to grind out 3 to 4 yards at a time, he isn't built too much differently than Gerhart or the kid at Stanford getting most of the carries now.

Give this guy 25 to 30 carries a game grind out 3 to 4 yards a pop with some throws to the TE with a lot of play action and about 12 to 15 throws to the receivers is the way the offense is supposed to work.

Can Swanson be a guy to carry the load or is he primarily a blocking back?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

Looks like we have no shot at Yearby/Cook, and I haven't heard about any RBs that are leaning to USF.

So...that leaves us with a current class without a single RB (I have to assume Jarvis Stewart has no chance).

For an offense built around running, this makes me nervous.  I know we have Tice & Davis (unknown as D-I feature backs), and McCray as a RS Freshman, but I don't think we have much else...so this is clearly a position of need.

Any ideas, Bulls fans, of our top targets, and our chances to land them?

And Pierre.  So we have four RBs for one position.  Until two days ago we had three DEs for two positions.  It would be great to get a top RB, but DE is a far greater need.

As I posted earlier, I think Pierre is a non-factor.  41 carries for 114...2.8 avg (61 v Cincy when Shaw went down).  That's HORRIBLE (can't blame the OL, as the top 3 averaged over 4 as a group).  I just don't see him helping us, while the other 3 should.

He has very little experience at the RB position.  While I don't think he will be our #1 next season, he is probably the only home run threat on the roster.  So I think we'll see him more next year with additional experience and Shaw gone.

Really? Pierre looked slow as can be last year. The offense did nothing with him in there. Davis needs to get more carries. A LOT MORE CARRIES. If he can work on his ball handling along with Tice then they should be top 2 unless McCray shows up big time

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Looks like we have no shot at Yearby/Cook, and I haven't heard about any RBs that are leaning to USF.

So...that leaves us with a current class without a single RB (I have to assume Jarvis Stewart has no chance).

For an offense built around running, this makes me nervous.  I know we have Tice & Davis (unknown as D-I feature backs), and McCray as a RS Freshman, but I don't think we have much else...so this is clearly a position of need.

Any ideas, Bulls fans, of our top targets, and our chances to land them?

And Pierre.  So we have four RBs for one position.  Until two days ago we had three DEs for two positions.  It would be great to get a top RB, but DE is a far greater need.

As I posted earlier, I think Pierre is a non-factor.  41 carries for 114...2.8 avg (61 v Cincy when Shaw went down).  That's HORRIBLE (can't blame the OL, as the top 3 averaged over 4 as a group).  I just don't see him helping us, while the other 3 should.

He has very little experience at the RB position.  While I don't think he will be our #1 next season, he is probably the only home run threat on the roster.  So I think we'll see him more next year with additional experience and Shaw gone.

Really? Pierre looked slow as can be last year. The offense did nothing with him in there. Davis needs to get more carries. A LOT MORE CARRIES. If he can work on his ball handling along with Tice then they should be top 2 unless McCray shows up big time

Davis??? I haven't heard anything reinforcing about him out of camps or practices. I almost think he is already dismissed by the new staff.

Davis saw more carries as this year went on bullwinkle...

that 10 yard run while carrying 5 UConn defenders got him a lot more carries than he would have seen. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

that 10 yard run while carrying 5 UConn defenders got him a lot more carries than he would have seen. 

Yup...but Tice was better, IMO.  I think Davis fumbled later (but maybe Tice did, too, but recovered). 

In short...no proven backs in 2014 (wonder if Blakely is still a shot).

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Wasn't pissing in his cornflakes, I was just surprised we didn't see more of him after Shaw got dinged up. Trying to figure out why. No matter we still need a superfind in this class. Wasn't even sure when Stewart was on board, a lot less so now.

Edited by Bullwinkle