• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Top Running Backs on the USF Board

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Davis saw more carries as this year went on bullwinkle...

that 10 yard run while carrying 5 UConn defenders got him a lot more carries than he would have seen.

Wasn't pissing in his cornflakes, I was just surprised we didn't see more of him after Shaw got dinged up. Trying to figure out why. No matter we still need a superfind in this class. Wasn't even sure when Stewart was on board, a lot less so now.

Oh I agree. I've got a weird feeling Taggart was saving McCray, I know it doesn't make much sense since he played a lot of freshman...but something tells me he knew this year would be bad, and he saved his best RB.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

Taggart apparently had a discussion with LaJuan Hunt out of University School when they visited last. He's a 2 star back, which has me concerned. This is an rb oriented offense and we can't land one viable rb? I'd take another Tice or McCray if they were available.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

We already landed one. He was the best in the bay. He screw his life up and now we are scrambling. Why is that so hard to understand.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

We already landed one. He was the best in the bay. He screw his life up and now we are scrambling. Why is that so hard to understand.

No need to beat someone up.  There were questions long ago as to whether or not Stewart would even get the grades to get it...so it's logical to think we'd be pursuing at least another option.

All that said, I think Tice & McCray will be OK, and we may still be in the running for Blakely (which could mean nothing).

That's why I opened this thread...I think there are greater needs this cycle, but I do hope we get at least one good RB.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Looks like we have no shot at Yearby/Cook, and I haven't heard about any RBs that are leaning to USF.

So...that leaves us with a current class without a single RB (I have to assume Jarvis Stewart has no chance).

For an offense built around running, this makes me nervous.  I know we have Tice & Davis (unknown as D-I feature backs), and McCray as a RS Freshman, but I don't think we have much else...so this is clearly a position of need.

Any ideas, Bulls fans, of our top targets, and our chances to land them?

And Pierre.  So we have four RBs for one position.  Until two days ago we had three DEs for two positions.  It would be great to get a top RB, but DE is a far greater need.

As I posted earlier, I think Pierre is a non-factor.  41 carries for 114...2.8 avg (61 v Cincy when Shaw went down).  That's HORRIBLE (can't blame the OL, as the top 3 averaged over 4 as a group).  I just don't see him helping us, while the other 3 should.

He has very little experience at the RB position.  While I don't think he will be our #1 next season, he is probably the only home run threat on the roster.  So I think we'll see him more next year with additional experience and Shaw gone.

Really? Pierre looked slow as can be last year. The offense did nothing with him in there. Davis needs to get more carries. A LOT MORE CARRIES. If he can work on his ball handling along with Tice then they should be top 2 unless McCray shows up big time

Davis??? I haven't heard anything reinforcing about him out of camps or practices. I almost think he is already dismissed by the new staff.

Davis was clearly the #2 back down the stretch.  I don't see how that makes him "dismissed" by the staff.

Looks like we have no shot at Yearby/Cook, and I haven't heard about any RBs that are leaning to USF.

So...that leaves us with a current class without a single RB (I have to assume Jarvis Stewart has no chance).

For an offense built around running, this makes me nervous.  I know we have Tice & Davis (unknown as D-I feature backs), and McCray as a RS Freshman, but I don't think we have much else...so this is clearly a position of need.

And Pierre.  So we have four RBs for one position.  Until two days ago we had three DEs for two positions.  It would be great to get a top RB, but DE is a far greater need.

As I posted earlier, I think Pierre is a non-factor.  41 carries for 114...2.8 avg (61 v Cincy when Shaw went down).  That's HORRIBLE (can't blame the OL, as the top 3 averaged over 4 as a group).  I just don't see him helping us, while the other 3 should.

He has very little experience at the RB position.  While I don't think he will be our #1 next season, he is probably the only home run threat on the roster.  So I think we'll see him more next year with additional experience and Shaw gone.

Really? Pierre looked slow as can be last year. The offense did nothing with him in there. Davis needs to get more carries. A LOT MORE CARRIES. If he can work on his ball handling along with Tice then they should be top 2 unless McCray shows up big time

I think you are confusing quickness in hitting the hole with speed.  It is my understanding that Pierre has the most speed and the least amount of experience as a RB.  Lindsay Lamar was in much the same boat the light bulb went on his senior year.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I think you are confusing quickness in hitting the hole with speed.  It is my understanding that Pierre has the most speed and the least amount of experience as a RB.  Lindsay Lamar was in much the same boat the light bulb went on his senior year.

Unfortunately, he's a JuCo player and needs to be a little more polished at this point in his career. When you take a guy that far along, you don't have the luxury of development.

Unfortunately, he's a JuCo player and needs to be a little more polished at this point in his career. When you take a guy that far along, you don't have the luxury of development.

Maybe you should read this again.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/bulls-mike-pierre-proves-quick-study-at-football/2141233

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

The voice of experience makes all of us more comfortable with the sheer force of it's reason. All hail the mighty force.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

For an offense built around running, this makes me nervous. I know we have Tice & Davis (unknown as D-I feature backs), and McCray as a RS Freshman, but I don't think we have much else...so this is clearly a position of need.

And Pierre. So we have four RBs for one position. Until two days ago we had three DEs for two positions. It would be great to get a top RB, but DE is a far greater need.

As I posted earlier, I think Pierre is a non-factor. 41 carries for 114...2.8 avg (61 v Cincy when Shaw went down). That's HORRIBLE (can't blame the OL, as the top 3 averaged over 4 as a group). I just don't see him helping us, while the other 3 should.

He has very little experience at the RB position. While I don't think he will be our #1 next season, he is probably the only home run threat on the roster. So I think we'll see him more next year with additional experience and Shaw gone.

I think you are confusing quickness in hitting the hole with speed. It is my understanding that Pierre has the most speed and the least amount of experience as a RB. Lindsay Lamar was in much the same boat the light bulb went on his senior year.

Maybe you should read this again.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/bulls-mike-pierre-proves-quick-study-at-football/2141233

What in that article was supposed to make me change my mind about Pierre? He's a lovely story, but that doesn't make me think junior college players have the same amount of time to develop as kids straight out of high school. Edited by JTrue