• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers '14?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  297
  • Days Won:  2

I understand a lot needs to be cleaned up -- penalties, O-line, personnel, athletes, style of play, etc

But on the assumption that Quinton Flowers will stay committed, and the potential QB competition being wide open for 2014, could this be the difference maker if he's put in as a true freshman?  Eveld gone, Floyd an afterthought, Bench and White stunk it up

Any of you who have been following Flowers knows him quite well. Thoughts?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  182
  • Days Won:  2

I really doubt Flowers will be the answer next year but unless White improves dramatically, I think he will see plenty of time on the field.

Bench was put in to run a few plays since White has taken over. I can see Flowers put in to that roll, but I think we will see it a lot more often.

Flowers still makes a lot of mistakes, and he needs to learn how to read a defense and not throw as many interceptions. He is incredibly athletic and I think he has a LOT of potential, but he's not as polished as White was coming out of high school, and we all saw how well White played.

He'll play next year, and he will probably play pretty well. But I really doubt he will be ready to carry the full load.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

I understand a lot needs to be cleaned up -- penalties, O-line, personnel, athletes, style of play, etc

But on the assumption that Quinton Flowers will stay committed, and the potential QB competition being wide open for 2014, could this be the difference maker if he's put in as a true freshman? Eveld gone, Floyd an afterthought, Bench and White stunk it up

Any of you who have been following Flowers knows him quite well. Thoughts?

Have you noticed how complicated our offense is...I'm glad he is talented but it will take at least a year to be ready to start...

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

We need QB's on the roster.

But I do not agree that White "stunk it up".  Kid was a true freshman.  He was the only QB (of four) that provided any spark to the offense.  He resurrected Andre Davis' season.

Not saying the kid is great. . . . . . . . just saying that we are eating our young here these days.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I really hope White continues to improve because I don't want to go through the "growing pains" again next year with Flowers. I choose to be optimistic and say White does improve enough to distance himself in any competition. And I'll give CWT the benefit of the doubt on who the winner is, although his choice of Floyd this year doesn't inspire much confidence.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

Ideally I think we'd play him in the fourth quarter of some blowout wins and get a few drives in.  Then depending on how the offense looks by conference play go whichever way we needed to.  Unfortunately with NC State, Maryland, and Wisconsin I don't know that we will be blowing out our non conference schedule.  Might only get one chance to put him in with a huge lead(and thats not a given based on this year).  And I doubt he will have much command of the offense by week 1.

I don't see him leading a successful USF offense next year.  If he is the guy down the stretch I dont like what that probably means.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

We need QB's on the roster.

But I do not agree that White "stunk it up".  Kid was a true freshman.  He was the only QB (of four) that provided any spark to the offense.  He resurrected Andre Davis' season.

Not saying the kid is great. . . . . . . . just saying that we are eating our young here these days.

White also did not win a game as a QB.  That honor belongs to Eveld and Bench.

Any QB at the college level who repeatedly fumbles the snap while under the center has no idea what he is doing.  White needs to trade in his football uniform for a clown suit.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Flowers needs to RS a year to learn the offense.

White will improve.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Can we stop anointing the next guy is the guy?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,000
  • Days Won:  12

White was a true freshman this year, is a competitor, and has shown sparks of talent. 

Enough with the quick fixes.