• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers '14?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,805
  • Days Won:  0

What about CWT makes you think that there isn't always a competition? 

Or...what about the competition makes you think the best guy will win?

edit - just to be clear. This year's preseason competition results:

1. Floyd

2. Eveld

3. Bench

4. White

Anyone else see a little irony in the way the season ended?

I do see the the depth charge ended in reverse order. Based on where we were when the season started it was not so crazy.  It seems Matt Floyd is a reverse "Tim Rattay." Decent in practice and horrible in games.  He definitely had arm strength but lacks the mental game.  Eveld was the only experienced and he got the next shot.  Then Bench based on previous college experience and walla you have Mike White because after a number of games he can somewhat run an the offense.  White is still pretty impressive to me. The guy played one year of year of football and won a state championship off physical talent and a feel for the game. I know a lot of people are counting him out because of his tought year but the kid has the intangibles. BJ Daniels numbers were not stellar his first year either and he was a redshirt freshman.  BJ hardly ever passed over 50% his first year.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

We need QB's on the roster.

But I do not agree that White "stunk it up".  Kid was a true freshman.  He was the only QB (of four) that provided any spark to the offense.  He resurrected Andre Davis' season.

Not saying the kid is great. . . . . . . . just saying that we are eating our young here these days.

White also did not win a game as a QB.  That honor belongs to Eveld and Bench.

Any QB at the college level who repeatedly fumbles the snap while under the center has no idea what he is doing.  White needs to trade in his football uniform for a clown suit.

Seriously? 

I understand we had a frustrating year, but White was the best QB we had this year by far. He should improve in the offseason, and I can't imagine another true freshman coming in and replacing him unless we get a superstar.

Also, he didn't repeatedly fumble the snap until last night if I recall correctly. Clearly He wasn't used to gloves. 

I have watched every painful moment of this season.  If I had a choice, I would pick Bench over White any day.  Bench was never the same after he got hurt, so I would open the competition for the starting QB spot in the off season.

Maybe White did not fumble the snap more than one time against Rutgers, but he has done it in more than one game.  He also screws up the play clock, and has been called for false starts multiple times in a game.  Heck, he has done it back to back in several situations.  To me that is a guy who is not ready to be a starter on a FBS team.

BTW, do you even know anything about the high school that White went to?  They play in Class 3A or 4A, which is about the size of a private school like Jesuit.  He did not play against the big boys in high school.  University may be one of the best Class 3A/4A schools, but is not one of the powerhouses of Broward County.  It does not play against large schools like a Dillard High School or American Heritage High School or even St.Thomas Aquinas High School.