• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What would it take for you to give up on this program?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

I won't give up on them but I have changed what I expect from this program.   Not based on recent performance per se but the conference realignment.  In the Big East a few years ago it was reasonable to think we could build a top 25 team and play into a BCS bowl in any given year.   Now its just an accepted fact for me that we can expect that only occasionally.  We can compete for the conference most years but that may only yield a BCS bid every 2 or 3 years.  We will have to be no loss or one loss and its hard to recruit to do that every year in a 2nd tier conference when every major conference team picks through our recruiting territory and gets first dibs.  

Its just a different level of football right now IMO but that doesn't mean giving up.  Just have to be reasonable about the expectations.  Hopefully the landscape will be shaken up in a couple years and we can compete at that highest level every year.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Will never give up until the program is shut down or I am dead. Those are the only ways that will stop me from being a fan

+1

This is college football, you never, ever, ever give up on your team.  This is my alma mater, no way I ever give up.  

How could anyone suggest otherwise?

QFT

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432

My wife holds a degree from USF, I have a degree from USF and will soon be working on my second degree from USF. We bleed green and gold and will NEVER give up on any of our athletic programs! We have had season tickets for several years now and after our worst season ever we are going to finally be able to start donating next year and will also be upgrading our season tickets as well. We are already planning which road game we want to try to make it to next season and we hope to be able to increase our donations each year. We will never give up and the only thing we expect in return in that the team always do the same!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

So the team struggles for a few seasons and some people want to no longer support the team!?!?!?!? I didn't even go to the school and will never stop supporting USF..... jeezy peets then go the hell on and start now and stop posting on this board!

+1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

So the team struggles for a few seasons and some people want to no longer support the team!?!?!?!? I didn't even go to the school and will never stop supporting USF..... jeezy peets then go the hell on and start now and stop posting on this board!

An extra +1 for use of the term "jeezy peets".

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

My wife and I are moving to Portland in 2015 if not earlier. We are planning on reducing our booster contribution to the minimum level to keep our 4 seats.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  69

I gave up my season tickets when they fired Leavitt. He was the heart and soul of this team, and they ripped it out. I will always follow the games, but they are even making that hard for me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Answer honestly. If this continues for years would you ever figure out something else to do with your Saturdays to save yourself the heartache. 

i would never totally give up

i was an sf giant fan since mid 60s

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

It's not like you can change being an alum, and it's not like the program has fallen from some legendary winning status--don't kid yourself. This year hurts bad, but it's still fresh. By spring, we'll realize that our boys have a year's experience in the new scheme, some decent new recruits to fill gaps and build depth, less prima donna fat, and a guy in charge that's just as bent on success as we are.

Plus, when it's this bad, "next" year is always better!! Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

I and one of my sons holds Degrees from USF.

Giving up is not an option......

Go Bulls.....