• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

i expect nothing from thks team next year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

TBO's Joey knight said on twitter that he expects lynch to leave. Fwiw.

Not concerned. I wonder what kind of influence he was in the locker room?

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  3

I have full faith in Taggart…hang in there guys.  He will turn it around.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

This team will get better. Taggart has shown recruiting prowess in his short time here. Recruiting and a commitment to S&C in the offseason should pay significant dividends. 

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

I have evidence. Suspended two seniors because they couldnt play by his rules. Worst program in FBS has #40 recruiting class. Taggart takes ownership of this team and commands respect but also patience. Recoveries hurt. Not dismissing the pain.

That does not prove anything. So he is a disciplinarian off the field.  I do not see that same mentality in games. If he did then he would have yanked White after the umpteenth fumble of the snap and made him sit in the corner with a dunce cap on.

Now people are talking of recruiting rankings?  We have replaced UCiF and become USiF.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

The Skip Holtz error is more punishing than NCAA sanctions with schollie reductions.

Nice guy but he killed this program.

I'm not a Skippy fan but his recruitment was not as bad as everyone thinks.  He had a 57th, 60th, and 67th, according to Scout.  Compare that to UCF who had 56, 53, 119 on those same years and look what they did. 

Edited by Bulls 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

The Skip Holtz error is more punishing than NCAA sanctions with schollie reductions.

Nice guy but he killed this program.

I'm not a Skippy fan but his recruitment was not as bad as everyone thinks.  He had a 57th, 60th, and 67th, according to Scout.  Compare that to UCF who had 56, 53, 119 on those same years and look what they did. 

those rankings are worthless.

those sites just want to charge people $10 a month to make them feel good about their signing classes.

there is no way they can evaluate and rank all those players. they just rank programs according to where they usually finish(i.e. they know Nick Saban will win with his talent, they know he is a good developer of talent and has a good eye for talent so he will always get highly rated classes). that's why you see good coaches who come through the ranks that eventually start winning at mediocre programs magically get better classes than the ones they start winning with.

Holtz loaded our roster with former walk-ons that got scholarships.(he was known for giving out several a year to former walk-ons just to fill his quota). He loved offering local catholic school kids as they were easy to "recruit'.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

It was a combination of Holtz' poor recruting and poor player development. Especially at key positions.

At QB we recruited Gunsby an Floyd vs UCF recruiting Bortles. At RB UCF brought in Storm Johnson. We have Mike Pierre. I will give Skip Darrell Scott, but he did nothing while he was here.

I am having a hard time thinking of one impact player that Skip recruited that has made a noteable contribution. Kloss? McFarland. Davis I guess is the best. So far he had one significant game vs Nevada last year then some (4) decent games this year.

All the impact guys were JL recruits or the freshmen Willie brought in.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I really hope Lynch stays.

Go from being a 3-5th round project to a first rounder. I know he is hated on here for whatever reason, but he showed great improvement in the second half of the year.

And Chuck thought of a few more things for him, if he noticed he was standing up and dropping into coverage at times.

But he could get drafted, one of the Buddy Ryan disciples would probably love him