• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Everything about this offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

If the offense worked, it wouldn't be boring.  We'd see a lot more play-action, a lot more slant routes and even a touchdown or two.  

We just don't scare, or even fool anyone right now.  Every team knows they can key on stopping the run, and our OL gets overwhelmed way too easily on a blitz and Mike White can't seem to complete a pass except to the check down.  

Best we can hope for is that the playmakers that have verbals to USF stay with us, and that we can get some more help on the OL.  

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

This offense will never work here.

probably what many said in harbaughs first year at stanford when they were the 107th ranked offense.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

probably what many said in harbaughs first year at stanford when they were the 107th ranked offense.
Stanford can recruit at a different level than USF and get the players it needs to make that offense work.

Time will tell if CWT can recruit those types of athletes.

I have my doubts.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Stanford can recruit at a different level than USF and get the players it needs to make that offense work.

I have my doubts.

again stanford plays against a diffferent level of recruit too. Why don't people understand this?

we won't be playing USC, Oregon, Ucla, etc every week.

Harbaugh's system worked at the university of san diego. do you think they got stanford level recruits?

I have my doubts.

again stanford plays against a diffferent level of recruit too. Why don't people understand this?

we won't be playing USC, Oregon, Ucla, etc every week.

Harbaugh's system worked at the university of san diego. do you think they got stanford level recruits?

I get it. We're not playing USC and Oregon. We're playing Tulsa, Memphis and Tulane.

Then why do so few schools run this offense. You turn on any college game and you see most schools running some version of the spread. Granted there are some schools running a pro style power O, but definitely not the majority.

Coaches have commented that is easier to recruit players to fit a spread attack as oppose to a pro style. Especially along the oline.

I happen to think scoring lots of point in a spread attack is a lot more entertaining than running 4 yards up the gut between the tackles.

Of course, winning trumps all this. Fans get can get used to boring offense if you're winning.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  114
  • Days Won:  0

The concerning part is that UConn which we beat and looked like a total reck for 9 games actually won their last 3 games and posted improvement at the end of the season and aside from Defense we look just as bad now as we did against McNeese.

The concerning part is that UConn which we beat and looked like a total reck for 9 games actually won their last 3 games and posted improvement at the end of the season and aside from Defense we look just as bad now as we did against McNeese.

UConn didn't change an entire offensive philosophy with players that were recruited to run something completely different.  With that being said, it is rather frightening that we haven't seen any improvement since the McNeese game.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Makes you miss these guys at times

http://instagram.com/p/hrDezSODC-/

It will get better. 2 years from now we can bring this thread back up and see the changes.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

CWT should have used the quick release, athleticism and good decision making of our QBs to unleash our speedy athletes at WR and RB and stayed in the spread (or multiple formation or whatever holtz ran).

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

There's no playmakers on offense. Not one. Davis thinks he us but he's a possession receiver. He's SJ Green with hype.

Forget grothe or Daniels, there's not a Taurus Johnson or even an Ean Randolph over there.

Couldn't agree more. I have been saying that for a while. It is not even about being a playmaker

We don't even have legitimate weapons.

Davis...even with the ball in his hand scares no one.

At one time announcers would describe our receiving corp as a track team. The lack of speed and athleticism on this team is a sign of how poorly Skip recruited.

And yet, two of our more athletic and speedy receivers bolted after CWT arrived.   So maybe it all doesn't fall on Holtz.