• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lost to Detroit @ Home?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Not to mention the fact this team has no idea of how to block out for offensive and defensive rebounds.

We were consistently outhustled for rebounds by a smaller team last night. And the team was sleepwalking through the first critical minutes of that 2nd half. The offense screetched to a halt, and usf kept putting up prayers as the shot clock ran down. We got legitimately hustled by Detroit last night.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

No excuse for this loss, Players looked like they didn't want to be there in the 2nd half, the coaching adjustments were made by Detroit but not USF apparently( blame the coach).  

Overall pathetic showing by the coach, and team, They should be embarrassed by this loss. 

This was a much needed win esp after the loss to Okie State a few days back, Instead we laid a usf egg.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Funny, Heath blames slow second half starts on the leaders. Sounds like someone isn't good at game time adjustments or halftime motivation. That would be coaching.

Let's give him 5 more years though, we made the tourney. Clearly this guy will never consistently win anywhere.

You conveniently left out the part where Heath also took blame for the second half.

https://twitter.com/tbtimes_bulls/status/406990267112112128

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

Hate to say it but bench Collins. Tempo of the rest of the team doesn't seem to fit him. He holds the ball too long.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Hate to say it but bench Collins. Tempo of the rest of the team doesn't seem to fit him. He holds the ball too long.

I get what you're saying, but doesn't it sound weird too? What I mean is that Collins is a solid ball handler, speedy, and in good shape...why can't he adjust to a quicker tempo?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Heath is not a good coach. How do you let our tam continue to throw up garbage when your 3-18 from 3 point land? Bench the next player who shoots a 3. Can't win when you to shoot 16% from downtown. Also rebounding is terrible. Put your fat ass out there and block out. They teach that in 3rd grade gym class. Good news is less than 3,000 actually had to watch it live.

Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  189
  • Days Won:  0

we could have won last night with a simply change in defense.    Switch to zone in second half would have won the game.   All of Detroit's points were in the paint from driving to basket and either making a layup or getting fouled, and they shot 90% from foul line.  Detroit shoots as bad as we do from outside, and Detroit switched to zone late in second half against us and we were done...

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I get what you're saying, but doesn't it sound weird too? What I mean is that Collins is a solid ball handler, speedy, and in good shape...why can't he adjust to a quicker tempo?

Likes to show off his dribbling skills?????

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Funny, Heath blames slow second half starts on the leaders. Sounds like someone isn't good at game time adjustments or halftime motivation. That would be coaching.

Let's give him 5 more years though, we made the tourney. Clearly this guy will never consistently win anywhere.

You conveniently left out the part where Heath also took blame for the second half.https://twitter.com/tbtimes_bulls/status/406990267112112128

I don't have twitter, I read a tbo article and he threw the veterans under the bus and took no blame.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

and it really started with the return to Anthony Collins as the main ball handler. I have said it before the season and since it started, this USF team cannot play in a halfcourt because we don't have the shooters or the skill at SG to do so. The team has really lost it's aggressiveness with Collins dribbling and dribbling and dribbling until a shot is forced or somebody dribbles the ball off their own leg. We basically are last season's team without the 3pt shot of Fitzpatrick. The slowed styled and dominate dribbling of Collins has taken it's toll on Allen who looks confused and frustrated these last two games. When Brock is your best player on the floor then you have major problems my friend.

This was such a critical season for USF needing to produce a winning season that ended in tournament play because of the vital 2015 recruiting class, but now another dreadful season under Stan Heath looks more then likely at this point. You cannot lose by almost 30 at home to anybody and you certainly cannot lose at home to a team that you have to beat by 20 points.

Doug Woolard and Judy Grenshaft needs to really be prepared to act on the best interest of the USF basketball program going forward should USF finish at the bottom of the AAC where they are projected to do so. I really didn't believe I would have to write that this season because I bought into Heath finally getting things right, but a bad season and our basketball program is in real trouble for the future if he remains on as head coach.

How can you say that this USF team is the same as last year when they have added 2 bigs who can rebound and score?  This is obviously a much different team that is able to score from the inside and also added another guard that can create his own shot.

So if USF fires Heath, who will they bring in to replace him?  I doubt there is any coach out there (that USF can get) that is going to recruit better than Heath.