• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

For those that are giving up their season tickets, think about what happens WHEN we build an OCS. I assume that ticket priority will go to corporate sponsors first, and then to some combination of donation level and priority points.

Granted, short term you can save some money, but WHEN we move, where will you be?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

For those that are giving up their season tickets, think about what happens WHEN we build an OCS. I assume that ticket priority will go to corporate sponsors first, and then to some combination of donation level and priority points.

Granted, short term you can save some money, but WHEN we move, where will you be?

I think the people who give up season tickets will likely find its not terribly difficult to jump back on board. Unless you believe that when we build a stadium, its going to immediately raise our season ticket level to 45k.

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

This would be a good reason for USF to announce something now and let it be known that current STH's will have priority.  Might make a few die easies hang on to their tickets.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

My main issue with RJS is location and feel of the place.  In the 2 years I've been going to games I've never felt like I was at a real home game (Once I felt like I was at an FSU home game though....).  It feels like a neutral site game that gives us the home team designation.  It has nice seats and its a nice field, not gonna lie, but concessions are kinda lacking (I know, deal breaker right?).  The stadium has never given me that "Welcome to USF Football" feeling. 

Now I won't say that an OCS will solve many of our attendance issues (winning will solve most of them), but it won't exactly hurt attendance either.  In fact we might actually get more students since they won't have to drive 25 minutest to and from the game (or take that stupid bus that leaves at obscure times and isn't advertised). 

You could look at Miami and say, "They don't have an OCS and they have those national titles, so we don't need one either."  I'm also not saying we NEED one, I just think it could help improve the feeling of game day and maybe recruiting if we make it nice enough.  Miami hasn't got a spot to put a field, let alone a whole stadium.  XD  

Again I'd like for any stadium we build to be nice and open for expansion should we ever need it.  Ray Jay's alright, but I don't know anyone here on campus who thinks of it as the Bull's stadium. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

This would be a good reason for USF to announce something now and let it be known that current STH's will have priority.  Might make a few die easies hang on to their tickets.

My feelings as well. Couldn't hurt. 

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  181
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe this website we could donate as a group to the stadium and raise enough money that one of the gates would be called The Bulls Pen.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

My main issue with RJS is location and feel of the place.  In the 2 years I've been going to games I've never felt like I was at a real home game (Once I felt like I was at an FSU home game though....).  It feels like a neutral site game that gives us the home team designation.  It has nice seats and its a nice field, not gonna lie, but concessions are kinda lacking (I know, deal breaker right?).  The stadium has never given me that "Welcome to USF Football" feeling. 

Now I won't say that an OCS will solve many of our attendance issues (winning will solve most of them), but it won't exactly hurt attendance either.  In fact we might actually get more students since they won't have to drive 25 minutest to and from the game (or take that stupid bus that leaves at obscure times and isn't advertised). 

You could look at Miami and say, "They don't have an OCS and they have those national titles, so we don't need one either."  I'm also not saying we NEED one, I just think it could help improve the feeling of game day and maybe recruiting if we make it nice enough.  Miami hasn't got a spot to put a field, let alone a whole stadium.  XD  

Again I'd like for any stadium we build to be nice and open for expansion should we ever need it.  Ray Jay's alright, but I don't know anyone here on campus who thinks of it as the Bull's stadium.

A winning team that fills the stadium will make Ray Jay feel like what you want.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  50

A winning team that fills the stadium will make Ray Jay feel like what you want.

respectfully disagree (sort of).  Do to USF's current conference situation, even if USF was able to start to pull ahead of the rest of the competition in the AAC, we will not be plying meaningful games.  That was not the case in 2005-2010 when the Big East was intact and we traded blows with with Louisville and West VA and suffered heart breakers at the hands of Rutgers and UCONN.  These are what made Ray Jay an exciting place.  It was only recently (and in our decline) did we start to schedule home and aways with decent non-con opponents.  These games will have to substitute for our meaningful games, and well I was at FSU in 12 and Miami in 09 and 13, and those environments were decidedly not exciting or meaningful (for us anyway).  Attendance will continue to drop and students will rather go to other on-campus events, which are readily available in the new Athletics District, instead of driving to Ray Jay and risking arrest, DUI's, ect.  Sure Ray Jay is a great venue for alumni (especially those that live in South Tampa and St. Pete), but it doesn't necessarily pander to the target audience (students).  As an undergrad I attended USF at the right time.  My freshman year was 2007.  After that it was a no brainer to attend FB games as a student, despite the inconvenience of leaving the Temple Terrace/USF area.   Hell, those were the social events of Fall semester.  Attending the Miami and SMU games this season showed me that this was no longer the case for the student body.  Our old staple of "win or lose we (will have fun)" was lost.  Now I have no doubt that winning at any level will bring students back to games, but this is only a facade.  In order to make fans for life, USF needs to connect with the casual fans, and the best way to do so is to create an environment on-campus which compels students to essentially participate every Saturday in the fall.  Times have changed, and USF should too.

That said, and again, my OP was not that USF should or will eventually get an OCS, but rather that IMO such an announcement is immanent based on a confluence of recent events and the history of the Genshaft/Woolard regime.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

FYI...Univ of Houston today just released renderings of some of their premium seating options in their new 40,000 seat on-campus stadium opening next fall.

See link for article and all renderings

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/cougar-pride/spec-rel/121313aaf.html

Here are some:

7575935.jpeg

7575892.jpeg

7575911.jpeg

7575912.jpeg

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Looks like they don't expect many in the stands, lol.