• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF doesn't impress me.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

The Big East did send a 8-5 UConn to th BCS. So yeah, it has been worse.

UCF is far from being BCS caliber, but they're going, and that sucks.

they were also a crapped bed in Pittsburgh away from sending a team to the BCS national championship.

who does the AAC have that is a legit contender?  even if Louisville went 12-0 they wouldn't go to the BCS championship.

also keep in mind that every team in the Big East played eachother. USF had to play consistently ranked WVU, Louisville, Cinci and Rutgers teams every single year. UCF had the luxury of dodging a good Cincinnati team this year, and has never had to play an in-conference championship contender.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Rebuilding? You can't claim that for 4 straght years. UCF isn't great but as ESPN put it today .. There is bad and then there is USF bad!

Four straight years?  What are you talking about?  We won eight games four years ago and have a new coach this year.

Rebuilding? You can't claim that for 4 straght years. UCF isn't great but as ESPN put it today .. There is bad and then there is USF bad!

Seriously dude?  How can you say the stupidest stuff?  Everyone knows we were in demolition mode the last two years, and now we're in year 1 of rebuilding ... :facepalm:

We have been claiming rbuilding sinc Matt Grothe left. Next year will be rebuilding too. CJLs choke hold was a rebuilding year. That dog doesn't hunt anymore. We have progressed to a full blown suck dynasty. First step is admittance

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

How many 9 wins seasons were we busy getting?

2 while in the Big East.

Doesn't sound very busy.  We had a horrible record in the BE, with some impressive wins.  I do think we will return to bowl games soon, and I'm thrilled with the young talent we have.  I'm seeing a lot of ppl bashing Taggart, but I'm not there.  I think he needs to do the reverse of what Holtz did...he has to purge the Holtz guys, and win with his.

One season does not surpass an overall body of work. Also remember that was their 400th game and our 200th

That is all.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

One season does not surpass an overall body of work. Also remember that was their 400th game and our 200th

That is all.

We all know this, but Johnny Footballfan and recruits aren't looking that deep into numbers...

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The Big East did send a 8-5 UConn to th BCS. So yeah, it has been worse.

UCF is far from being BCS caliber, but they're going, and that sucks.

they were also a crapped bed in Pittsburgh away from sending a team to the BCS national championship.

who does the AAC have that is a legit contender? even if Louisville went 12-0 they wouldn't go to the BCS championship.

also keep in mind that every team in the Big East played eachother. USF had to play consistently ranked WVU, Louisville, Cinci and Rutgers teams every single year. UCF had the luxury of dodging a good Cincinnati team this year, and has never had to play an in-conference championship contender.

They won at Louisville. They're probably BCSing as a result. It sucks. Move on.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

They won at Louisville. They're probably BCSing as a result. It sucks. Move on.

what is there to get over? nobody is arguing whether or not UCF is going to a BCS bowl. that is undebatable. 

the discussion is whether that accomplishment alone is enough to deem the UCF football program more successful OVERALL than the USF football program.

if u have nothing to add u can feel free to sit yourself down and have another can of grape soda, quietly.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,699
  • Days Won:  2

We made Bortles look like he should decide to stay at UCF another year...he faced the youngest secondary in the country, and didn't kill 'em till his last throw (safety failed to follow Bortles eyes, looking at Perriman the entire time).

The escaped the bottom teams, USF, Temple & Memphis.

But, that's what successful teams do...they WIN those games. One thing UCF does have is confidence and play makers. If they wind up playing Clemson or the like in a bowl, I see that D getting shredded. But they will fight, as they did v Lville, SCar and Penn St...as well as everyone on their schedule.

I think UCF was a play or two away from being a 3 loss team, and unranked. But it's silly to say they don't impress...we'd kill to be 10-1.

they were lucky to beat temple . they scored a TD with less than 2 minutes left to tie. they scored 2 TDs with under 3 minutes left against Memphis to win by 7. they barely got by us. yes good teams need some breaks to win close games but that's usually against other good teams or maybe one bad team. they easily could have lost to the bottom 3 teams in our conference as they were losing all three with under 6 minutes to play in the game. they don't impress me. good teams put teams like us, memphis, and temple away easily.

I agree...hence my comment that they escaped 3 bottom teams. But they find ways to win, and are very talented at the skill positions.

I watched the Temple game...Temple had them dead to rights. UCF made every play they needed to make, and Temple seemed to fold under under pressure. Still, good teams win those games. Bad teams don't. Look at LSU. 2nd string QB, ball at their 1, down 4. They drive 99 yards to beat Arkansas near the buzzer.

It just seems silly to point out the flaws on an 10-1 BCS bowl team...which has accomplished more than we ever have. I don't like UCF at all, but I'm not going to rag on them on "ifs"...that's the same "if" gig we've given UCF for years, so I don't want us to fill THOSE shoes.

just saying I'm not impressed by them as a team. sure they have an impressive record. can't take that away from them. but an impressive team to me would put teams like us, temple, and memphis away easily.

10-1 is impressive....playing a tight game with SC ....impressive.....turning the ball over 5 times and still winning....impressive

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'd take an unimpressive 10-1 and a trip to a big time bowl any season. I wish USF wasn't so **** impressive with our 2-9.