• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF doesn't impress me.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

It just seems silly to point out the flaws on an 10-1 BCS bowl team...which has accomplished more than we ever have.

such as... ? conference championships in C-USA and AAC are the only things i can think of. can u think of anything else?

head-to-head: USF

record (win%) vs. AQ conferences/opponents: USF

record (win%) vs. ranked teams: USF

bowl record: USF

ranking (both highest ranking and number of times ranked): USF

i'd also submit wins over FSU and Miami in their own house as pretty big ******* trump cards.

so tell me again how much more UCF has accomplished than USF. i won't hold my breath.

I think a 10-1 (11-1 after beating SMU), finishing Top 20 and getting a BCS bowl is more than we've accomplished, yes.

Our history of marquee wins is certainly more impressive, and I've LONG argued that even in UCF's best years prior, their records were padded with wins in crappy conferences (as evidenced by our throttling of them, and Kevin Smith, during what was their best season).

We had huge wins, and I'm proud of our history...but we'd KILL for a season like this.

I'm a die hard Bulls fan, and go to as many games as I can. I'm not shilling for UCF. I'm just saying they've impressed this year, all told, and have put together a better season this year than we've ever had. Not sure if you want to hold your breath much longer, but there you go.

One season does not surpass an overall body of work. Also remember that was their 400th game and our 200th

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235

I'm still hoping SMU beats them, but we took out their QB so it doesn't look too good for that. Oh well, we helped them by beating Cincy too.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

I think a 10-1 (11-1 after beating SMU), finishing Top 20 and getting a BCS bowl is more than we've accomplished, yes.

it is ONE accomplishment they have that we don't.

how do u reach the conclusion that they have accomplished MORE?

that's like saying i have one $5 bill and u have three $1 bills and telling me u have more money.

when talking about MORE ACCOMPLISHMENTS it is a reference to history as a whole.

this season is ONE individual accomplishment. it alone does not outbalance the litany of accomplishments the USF football program has achieved in a much shorter period of time.

would USF kill for a 10-1 season? sure. but a 10-1 (or 11-1) season in the AAC, or C-USA is no grand feather in the cap.

it is, for a team like USF that spent nearly the last decade in a legitimate BCS conference, a consolation prize. for UCF it's the highlight of their program..... and that alone indicates just how far apart these two programs stand in terms of expectations and achievements.

would USF have racked up a few 10 win seasons if we had spent the past 8 years in C-USA? we'll never know, because we were too busy getting 9 win seasons in the Big East.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166

I'm still hoping SMU beats them, but we took out their QB so it doesn't look too good for that. Oh well, we helped them by beating Cincy too.

Go Bulls!

I have to say, in hindsight a loss to Cincinnati would not have been all that bad. If they beat Louisville, I think they might have been in position to be higher ranked.

We really paved the road for them.

One season does not surpass an overall body of work. Also remember that was their 400th game and our 200th

exactly.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

it is ONE accomplishment they have that we don't.

how do u reach the conclusion that they have accomplished MORE?

that's like saying i have one $5 bill and u have three $1 bills and telling me u have more money.

when talking about MORE ACCOMPLISHMENTS it is a reference to history as a whole.

this season is ONE individual accomplishment. it alone does not outbalance the litany of accomplishments the USF football program has achieved in a much shorter period of time.

would USF kill for a 10-1 season? sure. but a 10-1 (or 11-1) season in the AAC, or C-USA is no grand feather in the cap.

it is, for a team like USF that spent nearly the last decade in a legitimate BCS conference, a consolation prize. for UCF it's the highlight of their program..... and that alone indicates just how far apart these two programs stand in terms of expectations and achievements.

would USF have racked up a few 10 win seasons if we had spent the past 8 years in C-USA? we'll never know, because we were too busy getting 9 win seasons in the Big East.

I should've been more clear: they've accomplished more this season than in any season we've had.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

"would USF have racked up a few 10 win seasons if we had spent the past 8 years in C-USA? we'll never know, because we were too busy getting 9 win seasons in the Big East.

How many 9 wins seasons were we busy getting?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

UCiF is going to get prison raped in their bowl game. I love it

Thinking the same thing especially against a traditional power

You guys need to pay more attention to their whole season.  They played South Carolina very close and beat UL and Penn St on the road. I think as someone else said earlier that they seem to play to the level of their competition.  Unless they play someone like FSU or Oregon(doubt it will be either) I think they will be competitive in their bowl game and for the American I hope they win.

How many 9 wins seasons were we busy getting?

2 while in the Big East.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The Big East did send a 8-5 UConn to th BCS. So yeah, it has been worse.

UCF is far from being BCS caliber, but they're going, and that sucks.