• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I don’t care what our record is, or who the opponent is..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197
  • Days Won:  0

14K actually in the stadium in back to back weeks is a complete embarrassment for an FBS football program if we ever hope to compete at a relevant level. A 67,000 seat NFL stadium with congregation areas behind the endzones and a club section makes matters worse as fans are spread very thin. Furthermore these abysmal numbers happened on Saturday nights at 7 PM, which has traditionally given us the best chance to draw. I can forgive noon kickoffs and black Friday games but not these last two.

Regardless of our record, if our fan base was that fragile and thin, then our visions of grandeur were absolutely premature. Would we really want to bring a potential recruit to a game? The novelty of an NFL stadium wore off when we moved up to our current level.

I can’t see how athletics cannot be at least contemplating some changes and putting egos aside. The lower bowl of RJS seats 41K, it’s time to close off the upper portions again until further notice. Aside from UCF, FSU or if we every play UF, its hard to seem us drawing more than 41K actual. I know this creates some potential problems for ticket holders, but that can be sorted through, we had 14K in the stadium. In the grande scheme of things the numbers are so small, it does not matter if we piss some people off. Having people spread around a stadium that now is significantly too big for the program, serves no purpose, and is clearly a detriment to fan engagement.

Lastly, the thinking that an iconic cathedral of an OCS is required if we were to ever leave RJS was also probably a bit premature. A facility like our cousins (UCF, FAU) in the state of Florida, with the ability to expand would suit us just fine, and come at a much cheaper cost then what was envisioned. FAU even seats 30K. Pretty much every team in the country has followed this model with their stadiums and subsequent expansions.

Just very frustrating to see what has transpired in the last 3 years. It’s a lot more than just winning and recruiting better………..

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

14K actually in the stadium in back to back weeks is a complete embarrassment for an FBS football program if we ever hope to compete at a relevant level. A 67,000 seat NFL stadium with congregation areas behind the endzones and a club section makes matters worse as fans are spread very thin. Furthermore these abysmal numbers happened on Saturday nights at 7 PM, which has traditionally given us the best chance to draw. I can forgive noon kickoffs and black Friday games but not these last two.

Regardless of our record, if our fan base was that fragile and thin, then our visions of grandeur were absolutely premature. Would we really want to bring a potential recruit to a game? The novelty of an NFL stadium wore off when we moved up to our current level.

I can’t see how athletics cannot be at least contemplating some changes and putting egos aside. The lower bowl of RJS seats 41K, it’s time to close off the upper portions again until further notice. Aside from UCF, FSU or if we every play UF, its hard to seem us drawing more than 41K actual. I know this creates some potential problems for ticket holders, but that can be sorted through, we had 14K in the stadium. In the grande scheme of things the numbers are so small, it does not matter if we piss some people off. Having people spread around a stadium that now is significantly too big for the program, serves no purpose, and is clearly a detriment to fan engagement.

Lastly, the thinking that an iconic cathedral of an OCS is required if we were to ever leave RJS was also probably a bit premature. A facility like our cousins (UCF, FAU) in the state of Florida, with the ability to expand would suit us just fine, and come at a much cheaper cost then what was envisioned. FAU even seats 30K. Pretty much every team in the country has followed this model with their stadiums and subsequent expansions.

Just very frustrating to see what has transpired in the last 3 years. It’s a lot more than just winning and recruiting better………..

Great post. I sit in the SW corner of the end zone and frequently see recruits walking around or at the refreshment stand and wonder what must these guys be thinking.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

An OCS announcement might create some buzz for the depressed fan base. A tradition on campus would be cool for alums.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Actual attendance was closer to 10k there last night per a friend of mine who works for TSA... these would be bad numbers for a Division 2 school  He says talks might happen during the off-season about out clauses in the stadium contract since attendance has been so poor...USF is losing big time money now.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Actual attendance was closer to 10k there last night per a friend of mine who works for TSA... 

TSA already announced a little over 14K ... why the difference?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

If the upper deck on the east side isn't closed next year someone needs to be fired.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

Seriously though... I go to all of these stinkers and they need to close off the upper deck for a while.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

If the upper deck on the east side isn't closed next year someone needs to be fired.

Agreed, close the 300 level East side.  Limit the student section to 100 level only.

Utilize the upper level and increase student section only if necessary.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Just have the games at the old greyhound track on 275

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

How many does the soccer stadium hold?

Might be an option.

• Upvote 1