• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's BB team, can we Dance this year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I hate myself for getting pumped up, but I can't help myself.

When AC came back, it's a completely different team; it's got a brain.

Yup, when AC is not playing, the team seems to be just a bunch of bodies. With AC, they are so much more organized.

Granted, the defense isn't there yet. Hopefully, with the past week off and with tonight's game, they can get the D worked out.

And it looks like we have another offensive threat with Correy Allen Jr.

Oh, boy...

I hate to say it, but we could Dance this year!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Yes to be simple

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

So far the team looks pretty good, but i will hold back on any expectations or being sucked in to early success until we see what they can do against decent competition.  

As talented as they are, Perry and Egbunu are still young.  So far they have been strong simply on size and athletic ability.  let's see what happens once they start playing against equally big bodies and similar athletic ability, but more experience.  

Love the way the team has started out.  I like the way Corey Allen has started his career here and that we have a capable back up for AC.  

I still want to see more from Hawkins and Leday and I want to see Rudd show up for every game from opening tip to final buzzer.  This is the most talented team and deepest team I can remember in a long time, Maybe ever, but still a lot of key new guys playing at this level for the first time.  

I am optimistic, but too early to put expectations out there yet.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

Yup, when AC is not playing, the team seems to be just a bunch of bodies. With AC, they are so much more organized.

Granted, the defense isn't there yet. Hopefully, with the past week off and with tonight's game, they can get the D worked out.

Oh, boy...

Actually... I was pretty impressed with the team while AC was injured. Corey Allen Jr. handled the point guard position pretty well. I believe he was in the top 10 or 15 in the nation in assists, before the last game. He's now 22nd in the nation. I'd say that's pretty impressive. There were times when AC slowed down the game last game when I felt it should not have been slowed down. So I'm hoping that's just because of his injury. Regardless, I'm looking forward to AC coming back 100%, but I feel like we can still play well when he needs breaks.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

I will answer this question Monday at approximately 9:00 PM. If we hang with OKST, then I will be more confident in saying yes.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I know this is what message boards are for, but ****, can't people just enjoy watching the team play, a team with components of a real basketball team for the first time in over a year, and hopefully grow, rather than starting these type expectations ....... especially with the season only 3 games old.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

I know this is what message boards are for, but ****, can't people just enjoy watching the team play, a team with components of a real basketball team for the first time in over a year, and hopefully grow, rather than starting these type expectations ....... especially with the season only 3 games old.

I think many people are looking for somewhere to put their expectations that they used to for football. Just speculation on my part. I love college basketball, and I'm certainly not going to try to predict this season yet..

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

In Womens BB NO DOUBT.  Men will be a Bubble team.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I will answer this question Monday at approximately 9:00 PM. If we hang with OKST, then I will be more confident in saying yes.

I think the game will be with a margin of under 8 pts. I hope it's for our side!

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Oh, boy...

Actually... I was pretty impressed with the team while AC was injured. Corey Allen Jr. handled the point guard position pretty well. I believe he was in the top 10 or 15 in the nation in assists, before the last game. He's now 22nd in the nation. I'd say that's pretty impressive. There were times when AC slowed down the game last game when I felt it should not have been slowed down. So I'm hoping that's just because of his injury. Regardless, I'm looking forward to AC coming back 100%, but I feel like we can still play well when he needs breaks.

I'm with you on that 100%. The team looked good without Collins in there and only struggled when Allen was off the floor or fatigue. When Collins did get into action he slowed the paced down to much and the team struggled until Allen got back on the court. This team will not perform well playing a slower style because we don't have the components to do so successfully. Collins dribbling the shot clock down is just the same as a turnover. With our perimeter shooting getting up as many shots as possible, creating turnovers to convert easier points, and shooting free throws is our offense.