• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's BB team, can we Dance this year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I hate myself for getting pumped up, but I can't help myself.

When AC came back, it's a completely different team; it's got a brain.

Yup, when AC is not playing, the team seems to be just a bunch of bodies. With AC, they are so much more organized.

Granted, the defense isn't there yet. Hopefully, with the past week off and with tonight's game, they can get the D worked out.

And it looks like we have another offensive threat with Correy Allen Jr.

Oh, boy...

I hate to say it, but we could Dance this year!

Actually... I was pretty impressed with the team while AC was injured. Corey Allen Jr. handled the point guard position pretty well. I believe he was in the top 10 or 15 in the nation in assists, before the last game. He's now 22nd in the nation. I'd say that's pretty impressive. There were times when AC slowed down the game last game when I felt it should not have been slowed down. So I'm hoping that's just because of his injury. Regardless, I'm looking forward to AC coming back 100%, but I feel like we can still play well when he needs breaks.

I'm with you on that 100%. The team looked good without Collins in there and only struggled when Allen was off the floor or fatigue. When Collins did get into action he slowed the paced down to much and the team struggled until Allen got back on the court. This team will not perform well playing a slower style because we don't have the components to do so successfully. Collins dribbling the shot clock down is just the same as a turnover. With our perimeter shooting getting up as many shots as possible, creating turnovers to convert easier points, and shooting free throws is our offense.

I think we have most of the components to run an inside post game complimented by perimeter shooters in the half court. Collins, Allen and Rudd can penetrate, Egbunu and Perry have shown they are capable in the post and Allen can certainly knock down perimeter shots. If Musa were more consistent we would have another outside shooter. Transition offense comes when it comes, but I don't think it can be our main source of offense.

I retract my statement and apologize to Vega. Our offense MUST come from turnovers. Otherwise, it is not there.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Survived a classic trap game

Egg-zactly

• Group:  Member