• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

#USFMBB Mens Basketball - TBP Official In Game Thread Bulls vs. Bethune

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

Allen and Carter are too talented to only split time at PG. They will have to be on the court together.

Who the hell is Carter? lol

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  22
  • Days Won:  0

Allen and Carter are too talented to only split time at PG. They will have to be on the court together.

Who the hell is Carter? lol

lol, good eye.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I don't see a problem with playing both Collins and Allen at the same time. Sure they're small, but a zone defense can make up for that somewhat. It's not like we're going to let these guys defend bigger guards in the post. AC is a good perimeter defender.

Allen's playing style would be a good compliment to AC's since he's shown he can knock down open shots. Add in AC's drive-n-dish and you're looking at a whole other dimension to this offense. We haven't had a guard like that in recent memory (at least one that's not a defensive liability). I just read up a little bit on Allen and the dude shot 62% from the field in JUCO. I don't care where you play, 62% from a guard is off the charts/insanely efficient.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Allen can fill it up

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

I don't see a problem with playing both Collins and Allen at the same time. Sure they're small, but a zone defense can make up for that somewhat. It's not like we're going to let these guys defend bigger guards in the post. AC is a good perimeter defender.

Allen's playing style would be a good compliment to AC's since he's shown he can knock down open shots. Add in AC's drive-n-dish and you're looking at a whole other dimension to this offense. We haven't had a guard like that in recent memory (at least one that's not a defensive liability). I just read up a little bit on Allen and the dude shot 62% from the field in JUCO. I don't care where you play, 62% from a guard is off the charts/insanely efficient.

Didn't see too much zone last night.  Should be practicing up on it if that is the plan.  I stand by opinion that it will be a liability on defense.  I'm not saying to not ever play the 2 together.  We'll see how much time they get together. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

Should have come up CousinRicky, to the upper reaches. Exercise!

I can't finagle Claudia's scooter down where you guys are. You can't miss us, top of section 222. Look above the band and to the right... keep going right....look up further. We're the only ones up there and, as you know, not small people. The air was thin and cool up where we were. Actually, I love those seats.

Edited by swamprat

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

I like this team. Fun to watch, when they get it going. However, they've got to improve their shooting or Oklahoma State is going to eat them alive.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Weirdest stat of the game:

Rebounds

BCU - 43

USF - 42

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Rebounds

BCU - 43

USF - 42

It felt like we dominated the boards

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Rebounds

BCU - 43

USF - 42

It felt like we dominated the boards

Some of that was from long 3s that missed and dropped over our bigs.