• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tennesse Tech vs. South Florida: Closing Thoughts

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Perry looks like the real deal

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

I was impressed last night. (I missed the Barry game).

Fairly easy win without our best player.

Last year we needed a better post presence and we got two post guys who look ready to play. Neither are projects. Over the years we have had too many projects in the post.

I think we need a second outside scoring threat (Rudd being the first). I'm not saying we don't have it now, but I didn't see it last night. It might be Musa or Collins.

If you have 2 guys who can shoot and 2 guys who can play the post, then as long as you have one of each on the floor at all times, you should be ok on the offensive end.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

This team looked as good as last year's team and Collins was on the bench. That is a very good sign.

Collins will shoot ALOT of free throws this year with the new rules. His speed and first step got him beat to death last year and it looks like he is going to get those calls this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see 20 free throws per game for him. If he shoots them well like last year this team can hang with almost anyone.

He will elevate the play of everyone else and they already look as good as last year...

I suspect post season play if everyone stays healthy. Maybe dancing but probably NIT.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

• A win ....  :thumbsup:
  • props to the students for a great showing against a no-name team.
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

We need Collins ASAP.

A good floor leader to close the game.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

We need to worry about Hawkins and LeDay's level of engagement. I think our 2 and 3 positions are the weakest of the bunch.

Really worried about Hawkins being a flop at USF. He was a top 100 player in his class too, but quitting on his team late season with rumors of a possible transfer doesn't give me confidence he'll turn it around. It's no way he should be playing behind a guy like Brock who doesn't have and never had the talent he does. However there is something to be said about mental toughness and perhaps Hawkins just doesn't have it. Having the best ability to complain to the officials on the team is not what USF needs.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

We need to worry about Hawkins and LeDay's level of engagement. I think our 2 and 3 positions are the weakest of the bunch.

Really worried about Hawkins being a flop at USF. He was a top 100 player in his class too, but quitting on his team late season with rumors of a possible transfer doesn't give me confidence he'll turn it around. It's no way he should be playing behind a guy like Brock who doesn't have and never had the talent he does. However there is something to be said about mental toughness and perhaps Hawkins just doesn't have it. Having the best ability to complain to the officials on the team is not what USF needs.

I think Hawkins will slowly come around; it's way premature to annoint him a bust. The kid has a freakishly long wingspan, and you can't teach something like that. I think he'll keep gaining experience and getting better.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I think Hawkins will slowly come around; it's way premature to annoint him a bust. The kid has a freakishly long wingspan, and you can't teach something like that. I think he'll keep gaining experience and getting better.

I hope so because him showing some heart and not going into a shell if things aren't going well like last season, will be a step in the right direction for him.