• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF handles Barry in exhibition, 88-53

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Approved. We'll be sitting proper at 4-0 when Oklahoma St. rolls into town to a rollicking scene at the dome. USF-borne-cynicism tells me we'll blow a few conference games we shouldn't and get snubbed for the dance, but this young squad is CBI champs at worst.

I still hold to the belief that we should never accept a bid to any post season tournament below the NIT.

QFT

Unless you're worried about injuries, why would you not want to USF play as many games possible? 

Looking at last years CBI, you have 15-17 Purdue, 16-17 Texas, 17-15 Tulsa, and a bunch of 19+ win midmajors. Santa Clara ended up beating George Mason in the finals.

I just don't think mediocrity should be rewarded with a post season tournament. It's like all these 6-6 bowl teams. I don't want a ribbon for finishing in 9th place.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Approved. We'll be sitting proper at 4-0 when Oklahoma St. rolls into town to a rollicking scene at the dome. USF-borne-cynicism tells me we'll blow a few conference games we shouldn't and get snubbed for the dance, but this young squad is CBI champs at worst.

I still hold to the belief that we should never accept a bid to any post season tournament below the NIT.

QFT

Unless you're worried about injuries, why would you not want to USF play as many games possible? 

Looking at last years CBI, you have 15-17 Purdue, 16-17 Texas, 17-15 Tulsa, and a bunch of 19+ win midmajors. Santa Clara ended up beating George Mason in the finals.

I just don't think mediocrity should be rewarded with a post season tournament. It's like all these 6-6 bowl teams. I don't want a ribbon for finishing in 9th place.

Honestly, nobody really gives a **** about anybody but the winner of the MNCG and the winner of the Big Dance. Everybody else are losers, in the overall scheme of things, so why not give the kids some more playing time together and the fans that want to, a chance to watch more USF basketball/football ..... This anti-PC stuff can get blown out of proportion at times.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

QFT

Honestly, nobody really gives a **** about anybody but the winner of the MNCG and the winner of the Big Dance. Everybody else are losers, in the overall scheme of things, so why not give the kids some more playing time together and the fans that want to, a chance to watch more USF basketball/football ..... This anti-PC stuff can get blown out of proportion at times.

I think outrunner lost his own argument with the evidence he found. Even if it's the CBI, I'm sure most USF fans would love to play Texas or Purdue in basketball.

Edited by CPR

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

So is AC :wub: to Rudd shut down or just napping?

So is AC :wub: to Rudd shut down or just napping?

May be a game time decision ....

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Where is the Vega breakdown?

I don't think there was any broadcast of the game to breakdown ...

This is true.

Although I have made it clear that I'm high on this team. The only thing I said concerned me leading up to this season was the outside shooting. Reading what you said about the game Triple, that is definitely something to watch for. USF has to be respectable from the perimeter to keep teams from sagging back in the paint or playing mostly zone defense to cut off drives to the hoop and inside play.

Where is the Vega breakdown?

I don't think there was any broadcast of the game to breakdown ...

This is true.

Although I have made it clear that I'm high on this team. The only thing I said concerned me leading up to this season was the outside shooting. Reading what you said about the game Triple, that is definitely something to watch for. USF has to be respectable from the perimeter to keep teams from sagging back in the paint or playing mostly zone defense to cut off drives to the hoop and inside play.

The outside shooting was horrendous .... so horrendous, I'm hoping that letting Shaun doesn't come back to bite us .... but it was only one exhibition game.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Listening to the Stan Heath Show on 98.7.

Lots of talk about the new foul rules. They already brought up the pace of the game and how that will impact the game and whatever changes they make.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

AC had an injection in his knee today and it seems to have reduced the swelling.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

More home bball games? I'll take any post season.