• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marvin Kloss ranked best kicker in CFB

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Highest accuracy percentage 92.9%

Only kicker in nation 4 for 4 from 50+

Perfect on extra points.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/kicking/

Not sure what you're looking at. Nothing on that link says he's ranked the best kicker. Can't have the highest accuracy percentage with 92.9% when there are two kickers at 100% ... He is the only kicker 4 for 4 from 50+ and perfect on extra points so you do have that going for you ...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Best kicker we have ever had.

Maybe. Martin and Bill Grammatica were very good. I haven't checked their records.
Martin kicked for Kansas State. Kloss may be better than Bill.

Edit: sorry only saw page 1.

Edited by 79 Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I loves me some Marvin. 

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Perfect on extra points.

Not sure what you're looking at. Nothing on that link says he's ranked the best kicker. Can't have the highest accuracy percentage with 92.9% when there are two kickers at 100% ... He is the only kicker 4 for 4 from 50+ and perfect on extra points so you do have that going for you ...

**** your a contrarian. Marvin Kloss clearly has the best stats in the country. No, there wasn't a little widget that came out and said he was the best when you rolled over his stats. Thinking people interpret stats and draw conclusions. He has 13 FGs in a row including 4 from 50+. He can prolly hit one from 60. His kicks are dead true down the middle. But "Nothing on that link says he's ranked the best kicker" so I guess he isn't, cause the website didn't say he was :facepalm:

Oh and there are far more kickers with 100% than 2. 7 to be exact. None of them match Kloss" other stats

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not sure how he is ranked the best when there are kickers that haven't missed a kick all year and FSU kicker has 40 more kicks on the year without a single miss. Yeah he has had more opportunities from 50+ (50-52 actually), but that is more of a function of the inept offense than anything else. No doubt I would trust him with a game winning kick from 50+, but the 50+ stat alone doesn't make him the best.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Perfect on extra points.

**** your a contrarian. Marvin Kloss clearly has the best stats in the country. No, there wasn't a little widget that came out and said he was the best when you rolled over his stats. Thinking people interpret stats and draw conclusions. He has 13 FGs in a row including 4 from 50+. He can prolly hit one from 60. His kicks are dead true down the middle. But "Nothing on that link says he's ranked the best kicker" so I guess he isn't, cause the website didn't say he was :facepalm:

Oh and there are far more kickers with 100% than 2. 7 to be exact. None of them match Kloss" other stats

Good grief .... I guess I need to need to explain why I posted that. I'm watching the FSU-UM game last night and saw that the FSU kicker hadn't missed an extra point OR field goal all year. I remembered this thread where someone supposedly had RANKED Marvin as the best kicker in cfb and wondered why he would have been RANKED higher than Aguyao. Thinking people understand that RANKED means someone already interpreted stats and drew conclusions. I was just wondering where Sellular got his "ranked best kicker in cfb" from ... Maybe he supplied the wrong link.

Oh and there are far more kickers with 100% than 7. 20 to be exact. My mistake was not looking at the rest of pages initially. I suggest if you're going to take the time to correct something like that, have a clue and be correct yourself.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So someone else made a statement that you asked for clarification on and Bullwinkle jumped in and was wrong? GTFO!

From ESPN it looks like there are 7 kickers who are perfect on FGs and 51 on XPs. 

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I looked at the link stated for the third time. Sorted by % and got 7 again. My statement stands in the peanut gallery. Since Drip posted no link i will continue to rely on my lying eyes. JCrew of course jumps in with glee since I just pwned him in the Recruits Thread.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Welcome to Kicker U..

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So someone else made a statement that you asked for clarification on and Bullwinkle jumped in and was wrong? GTFO!

From ESPN it looks like there are 7 kickers who are perfect on FGs and 51 on XPs. 

And 3 who are perfect in both categories on the year.