• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF penalties: 19/170

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Maybe we should cut down on the motions and shifts until this machine is well oiled :P

motions and shifting is too sophisticated for this crop of kids

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

They weren't all legit, but enough of them were.  Aaron Lynch has some growing up to do.

If his penalty was a reaction to that non-call on their OPI, I'm giving him a pass on it ...

That wasn't his only penalty of the night, and he has a boatload of penalties on the season.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Now I'm going to take the other side for a minute.  While I do believe Andre Davis did commit pass interference, most often that won't be called in that situation.  But more interesting to me was that for some reason the ref watched Davis catch the ball and run all the way into the end zone before he pulled the flag.  Not sure what he was waiting for, but it sure seemed like he wasn't going to call it if the pass was incomplete.  That is the point I would bring up to the conference.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  714
  • Days Won:  1

Now I'm going to take the other side for a minute.  While I do believe Andre Davis did commit pass interference, most often that won't be called in that situation.  But more interesting to me was that for some reason the ref watched Davis catch the ball and run all the way into the end zone before he pulled the flag.  Not sure what he was waiting for, but it sure seemed like he wasn't going to call it if the pass was incomplete.  That is the point I would bring up to the conference.

This is what bothered me about the most about the penalty.  If the official was so sure it was pass interference, then throw the flag right away not after you see the outcome of the play.

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Some of the penalties are on White, but I think that the team was not disciplined that night because they wanted to win. 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

This is what bothered me about the most about the penalty.  If the official was so sure it was pass interference, then throw the flag right away not after you see the outcome of the play.

was it the forward fumble/pass in the 07 rutgers game that they threw the flag when they were announcing the penalty?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

was it the forward fumble/pass in the 07 rutgers game that they threw the flag when they were announcing the penalty?

Yes and no.  Initially the ref signaled touchdown.  they put the points on the board.  Then they reviewed it.  During the explanation of the review, the ref said the touchdown was overturned--then he throws the flag and says "illegal forward propulsion"  WTF?  That was a sad day in USF history.

Edited by MaltLiquorBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

They weren't all legit, but enough of them were. Aaron Lynch has some growing up to do.

If his penalty was a reaction to that non-call on their OPI, I'm giving him a pass on it ...
I tried to read the refs lips. Because Taggart asked what the penalty was for, and it looked to me like the ref said "game is f---ing fixed"

I may be wrong. I'm not a lip reader just know for sure the f word was in there. If Lynch said that to the refs I applaud him and accept the 15 yards.

Am I understanding you right? You think the ref openly admitted to CWT that the game was fixed??

No that Lynch said that to the ref. I watched it again and it's either that or 2 words I can't type. Same first word though

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Most penalties were caused by White and a lack of patience.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

First start as a true freshman. Hopefully he learned from that game and can limit those penalties moving forward. Otherwise he played exceptionally well for such a young kid. I look forward to watching him progress.