• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

All it takes is one transformation player to turn a program around

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

All it takes is one transformational player to totally turn around a program, sometimes forever.

Baylor was a laughingstock, worthless, horrible program.  They were in danger of dropping to CUSA if the B12 had broken up.  RG3 shows up and probably changes their fortune for decades to come.

Louisville was a dumpster fire under Kragthorpe.  I know Strong gets a lot of credit here, but he doesn't turn around the program to the level it's at now without Bridgewater.  If he has an Eveld at QB, there just a run of the mill AAC team stuck in the AAC with no ACC invite coming.  Teddy "Ballgame" Bridgewater helped get them to the ACC.

There are many other examples.  All it takes is one special player.

Is Mike White that guy?  We shall soon see.  No pressure, Mike.  If not, is Quinton Flowers that guy?

One guy can change USF's fortunes forever. 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

While the guys you mentioned have been spectacular for their respective teams, the success has been more than just them.  I don't know about Baylor, but Louisville has some great receivers.  Our receivers can't seem to catch the ball on a consistent basis.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222

It really is about the qb. If you listen to taggart he will tell you what are problems have been.

#1 we haven't had a qb yet get the ball out at the right time consistently.

#2. When it does get to a reciever they drop the ball.

#3. The passing schemes are predicated on timing.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It's more than one player who is fixing this offense, we have issues all around.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

We need Optimus Prime to turn this crap wagon around.  Just saying.  From my perspective, it's certainly more than just offensive line play and the QB that are the cause for this deeply troubling season.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

But I think we can all agree a good QB would make a big difference. I'm not sure even if Mike White is somehow the greatest college QB ever he can completely "transform" this program on his own, but here's hoping.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

All it takes is one transformational player to totally turn around a program, sometimes forever.

Baylor was a laughingstock, worthless, horrible program.  They were in danger of dropping to CUSA if the B12 had broken up.  RG3 shows up and probably changes their fortune for decades to come.

Louisville was a dumpster fire under Kragthorpe.  I know Strong gets a lot of credit here, but he doesn't turn around the program to the level it's at now without Bridgewater.  If he has an Eveld at QB, there just a run of the mill AAC team stuck in the AAC with no ACC invite coming.  Teddy "Ballgame" Bridgewater helped get them to the ACC.

There are many other examples.  All it takes is one special player.

Is Mike White that guy?  We shall soon see.  No pressure, Mike.  If not, is Quinton Flowers that guy?

One guy can change USF's fortunes forever. 

yes and no

i great qb elevates everyone and will attract top recruits

but coaches have to develop solid exciting offense also(unless you are alabama)

i wish white wasnt playing in this particular game on a short week

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

It is all about the QB. If you have a good enough QB other very good players come because they want catch the ball from him, block for him, etc. Johnny Manziel is a perfect example at Texas A&M. 

Currently Texas A&M has the 5th best recruiting class according to Rivals.

Last year they had the 11th best recruiting class according to Rivals. 

Both of these have come with Johnny Football as their QB.

The previous 2 years...

2012 - 15th

2011 - 27th

I know that now being in the SEC and a new coach who is a good recruiter plays a big role, but I think Manziel plays a huge role with recruits wanting to go play at Texas A&M to play with a Heisman Trophy Winner. Builds the talent and then with that type of player you obviously win games so I agree it only takes 1 player but I think it's a QB and an absolute stud not just a "good player".

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I know that now being in the SEC and a new coach who is a good recruiter plays a big role, but I think Manziel plays a huge role with recruits wanting to go play at Texas A&M to play with a Heisman Trophy Winner. Builds the talent and then with that type of player you obviously win games so I agree it only takes 1 player but I think it's a QB and an absolute stud not just a "good player".

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I partially agree with the OP in that a great QB like Bridgewater can make those around him better.  However, we as USF fans know that a good QB can disguise what really is a bad team - look what we've become with BJ hurt or graduated.