• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We will be fine!! I am hoping for Beef's Bowl now.....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Lets see after Thursday. Win and it's a fair conversation.

that would be great

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Joe,

I never praised Bench. I had no idea who he was coming out of HS. At least, I got to watch White play in HS and he just had that leadership quality that I have not seen since Matt Grothe. I am hoping that carrie over from HS with White, so that he can get this offense rolling. Get the offense playing with confidence. Getting a bowl would be a miracle right now but I will not lose hope until we are eliminated from that. If anything, the rest of th season will tell us if White will be our future.

Every kid playing QB at this level was a leader in HS. We'll find out Thursday.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I would not say every kid is a leader. Some kids get that chance on their tools.  Heck, there are plenty of NFL QB's that dont have that leadership ability like Farve, Brady, Manning have. That is something you cant teach. When the Bucs drafted Freeman out of Kansas St, I just had a bad feeling about it. I watched Freeman get picked off and sacked all day against Louisville. And that was a Kragthorpe coached team that beat Freeman. UL was not very good but Freeman and KState made them look strong. Freeman was rattled and didnt lead his team that were the favorites in that game. So no. not all kids coming out of HS can carry over that leadership. I am hoping White does carry over his leadership skills.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Speaking of bowl games, this scenario popped in my head.

What if a team went 5-3 in conference games, and this was good enough to win the conference, but they went 0-4 in OOC games, for an overall 5-7 record?

Which rule trumps the other? Conference champ gets the bowl, or 5-7 team has to stay home?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

If, and it's a big if, we beat Houston on Thursday then I feel we can have this discussion... It's going to be difficult to go there and get a win against probably the third best team in the conference.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166

What if a team went 5-3 in conference games, and this was good enough to win the conference, but they went 0-4 in OOC games, for an overall 5-7 record?

Which rule trumps the other? Conference champ gets the bowl, or 5-7 team has to stay home?

My brain has been destroyed by alcohol, but I feel that something to do with this went into why didn't get to a bowl game in 2002

But I forget how it works, I would think the champion still gets the bowl game

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Big East (/AAC) champ has a guaranteed spot in this final year.   And your scenario would be the final, strongest case example for those advocating the "P5/G5" split

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

let's see if we get that elusive third win before we start entertaining the bowl committees, mmkay?

I think there's a population on this board that greets each week with the opportunity for a miracle...not based on past performance...not based on stats...not based on evaluating our talent...but sheer, outright miracles, couched in the "anything can happen" philosophy. Not that there's anything wrong with that, if it gets one through the week, why complain? Better than lamenting our shortcomings week in and week out. 

I just don't see a bowl game this year. The season is half over and we face two strong opponents in UCF & Houston (both away) and three opponents that could go either way (but having only seen our play...). I don't know that I'd want to go to a bowl game where we would not stand a chance* of winning...especially if we got in with an overall losing record. There have been instances where teams have made bowl games with overall losing records, but I can't sign off on that...even if it were to be USF. 

* statistical...not "hope"

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235

I just want an offensive touchdown or two in a game.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

this team has the worst offense in football

we will not make a bowl game