• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We will be fine!! I am hoping for Beef's Bowl now.....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

let's see if we get that elusive third win before we start entertaining the bowl committees, mmkay?

I think there's a population on this board that greets each week with the opportunity for a miracle...not based on past performance...not based on stats...not based on evaluating our talent...but sheer, outright miracles, couched in the "anything can happen" philosophy. Not that there's anything wrong with that, if it gets one through the week, why complain? Better than lamenting our shortcomings week in and week out. 

I just don't see a bowl game this year. The season is half over and we face two strong opponents in UCF & Houston (both away) and three opponents that could go either way (but having only seen our play...). I don't know that I'd want to go to a bowl game where we would not stand a chance* of winning...especially if we got in with an overall losing record. There have been instances where teams have made bowl games with overall losing records, but I can't sign off on that...even if it were to be USF. 

* statistical...not "hope"

in the extremely unlikely event that we got to a point where we were extended a bowl bid-- I would take it in a heartbeat simply for the additional practice time

Speaking of bowl games, this scenario popped in my head.

What if a team went 5-3 in conference games, and this was good enough to win the conference, but they went 0-4 in OOC games, for an overall 5-7 record?

Which rule trumps the other? Conference champ gets the bowl, or 5-7 team has to stay home?

My brain has been destroyed by alcohol, but I feel that something to do with this went into why didn't get to a bowl game in 2002

But I forget how it works, I would think the champion still gets the bowl game

in 2002 we were not quite in the conference just yet-- that was 2003. So we had a conditional CUSA bowl that we did not get because of ECU iirc

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Joe,

I never praised Bench. I had no idea who he was coming out of HS. At least, I got to watch White play in HS and he just had that leadership quality that I have not seen since Matt Grothe.  I am hoping that carrie over from HS with White, so that he can get this offense rolling. Get the offense playing with confidence. Getting a bowl would be a miracle right now but I will not lose hope until we are eliminated from that. If anything, the rest of th season will tell us if White will be our future.

Your mouth to G-d's ears!  A bowl game would be a true miracle this year.  FYI - I believe in miracles.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  0

Love the optimism, but seriously everyone... This team is bad on offense and that is a polite way of saying it.  Pray to God in this upcoming recruiting class that at least 8 TRUE freshman can play.  This team is 2 years away from competing at high level at the very least.  

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

We can make any bowl we purchase tickets to.

This team will not be selected for a bowl game no matter how hard we wish for one.

UCF will destroy us leaving the necessity for all other remaining games to be wins and that is highly unlikely, won't matter who the quarterback is.