• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It would take a miracle

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

ScienceBull,

I believe what you posted. We should we a few more games. Also, I believe we will have our QB problem solved by the end of this season. So heading into next season, we can focus our offense around Mike White. 

the phrase "don't put all your eggs in one basket" comes to mind. He might work out-- he might also be the next Ronnie Banks

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I just want an offensive TD. Not asking for much.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

MikeG,

I will never forget Ronnie Banks lol. He was so **** confident in the begining, Even took USF to that 17-7 Half time lead at Alabama during our new logo debut game. It all went down hill in the 2nd half in that game and he never could recover from that. I for one, never got to see Banks play in HS so I had no clue how he would do when his chance came. Hoping the same way I felt about Grothe works out well with White at USF. If that is the case, then I think we will be fine. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

ScienceBull,

I believe what you posted. We should we a few more games. Also, I believe we will have our QB problem solved by the end of this season. So heading into next season, we can focus our offense around Mike White. 

the phrase "don't put all your eggs in one basket" comes to mind. He might work out-- he might also be the next Ronnie Banks

It won't matter who the quarterback is if the receivers can't catch the balls or the running backs fumble the ball.  In the series where Tice fumbled the ballaway, we has more yards than the entire game.  Receivers not catching balls- QB can't catch his own passes.  I think Coach is grasping at straws.  If White wasn't ready to start over Eveld at 12 noon and we had already seen the Eveld experiment fail over and over, how was he ready to come in the game when the outcome was already determined?

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

We also need to be realistic and not expect too much out of White. I am not trying to put the young man down, I just hate to see everyone over hype the kid only to be back here complaining about him next week. If he was head and shoulders better than the other 3 QB's who have played, we would have already seen him. At best he is similar and slightly better.

If you asked me who the starting QB is for 2014, I would answer, I hope he isn't on the USF roster right now. Not to put down the kids we have, but we need someone else.

Edited to use "complaining" instead of a reference to a female dog.

Edited by Mike Stuben

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Memphis, smu seem winnable with any offensive production at this point....also rutgers seems to be imploding so another possible win

People keeping saying SMU. I see Memphis but not SMU. Do you see how many points per game they score?? And by the way - we can't score. I hope you guys are right. I'm praying for 4-5 wind but we need big improvement for that to happen.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

We also need to be realistic and not expect too much out of White. I am not trying to put the young man down, I just hate to see everyone over hype the kid only to be back here ******** about him next week. If he was head and shoulders better than the other 3 QB's who have played, we would have already seen him. At best he is similar and slightly better.

If you asked me who the starting QB is for 2014, I would answer, I hope he isn't on the USF roster right now. Not to put down the kids we have, but we need someone else.

Well said, although at least White is something different. I just cringe thinking back to everyone's preseason belief that Bench was the future.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

We also need to be realistic and not expect too much out of White. I am not trying to put the young man down, I just hate to see everyone over hype the kid only to be back here ******** about him next week. If he was head and shoulders better than the other 3 QB's who have played, we would have already seen him. At best he is similar and slightly better.

just glad he is getting his shot. we know what the other 3 offer and it doesn't seem like any are an answer. he might not be either but better to find out sooner rather than later.

Part of the reason we haven't seen him already is because I think Taggs wanted to give the others a fair shot. That and he probably needed to get up to speed on offense and college. this will be plenty of time to show us what he has.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

I just want an offensive TD. Not asking for much.

This offense would seem to disagree XD

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

We also need to be realistic and not expect too much out of White. I am not trying to put the young man down, I just hate to see everyone over hype the kid only to be back here complaining about him next week. If he was head and shoulders better than the other 3 QB's who have played, we would have already seen him. At best he is similar and slightly better.

Edited to use "complaining" instead of a reference to a female dog.

What in the wide world of sports would lead you to believe that any members of TBP  would sink to the level of  "everyone over hype the kid only to be back here complaining about him the next week"? That's just crazy talk.  :FIREdevil:

Although we are limited to what we see on the field, it would be interesting to peek inside CWT's  '2014 and Beyond Strategy Book" as relates to recruiting. And I too agree that if he were that good, he'd have played by now. I think - halfway through the season - the thinking is not so much a question of "why" as "why not".