• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Bulls Progress

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I think we're mismanaged and the next five years is bleak.  Woolard is terrible.

Assuming CJL got a structured settlement, we pay three HFC's right now.  Simply put, that is pathetic and a major embarrassment for USF and Woolard.

Woolard is, in part, responsible for Aresco. . . . . who is a hot mess.  Aresco came in saying the BE could fetch $1B in tv rights deal. . . . . and then delivered pennies on the dollar.  Such a discrepancy is as sad as it is hilarious.  I haven't seen a bigger bunch of horseshite fool so many people since the old Simpson's episode where the city of Springfield got bamboozled into building a monorail.  In addition to looking like an underqualified clown by uttering the word "billion", Aresco ran off the catholic schools in weeks after his predecessors were able to keep an uneasy peace for years.  The latest kick to the gut is the utterly atrocious bowl lineup Aresco has secured. . . . . unless you like watching third-rate football in a third-world stadium in the Bahamas.

And then there are the little things:  WTF is up with the naming rights on the Sundome. . . . . what is the hold-up?  USF announced years ago that it was seeking a partner.  Either Woolard can't drive that project to completion, or USF athletics can't fetch a fair offer. . . . . . either way, it falls at Woolard's feet.

Amazingly, tere's no accountability at all by Woolard and nobody in the local media puts his feet to the fire:

- Attendance is down. . . . . . I have never heard Woolard have to speak to this.

- Revenue is down. . . . . . . . I have never heard Woolard have to speak to this.

- Relegation to the little leagues. . . . . . When Woolard had to speak to these he distracted the audience by talking about USF wanting a $300M (Minnesota-style) stadium. . . . . . WTF doug!  How will we pay for that??!!!!  We are one of the lowest funded athletics programs in the AAC. . . . . alas, nobody asks.

So what you're saying is, Woolard's not doing too bad, right?  

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

As an athletics program, how does everyone feel about USF's progression moving forward in the next 5 years? Can and will we eventually catch up with the fast rising UCF squad? Is an OCS on the horizon? Will we fill Ray-Jay with real Bulls fans at some point? Will coach T be able to fix and drive the bus to a ranked season (A USF first!)?

I know I seem long winded, but this team is as bad as any football team right now. Thanks.

MF stole my name. Not only that, he is a UCF troll to boot. :wtf:

Edited by TiredofIdiots Bull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Troll

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Wow, I missed that...was reading on mobile. Sorry I fed him.....but while here...On Bortles replacement, Justin Holeman (SP?), is VERY good. Has  probably pushed Dinovo to a red shirt. QB competition is good whenever you can get it.

Edited by footnfan1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

In terms of football, this team will be just fine within a year or two.  With Louisville and Rutgers leaving, we currently have the top recruiting class within the conference, plus there are multiple 4 star and one five star prospect that are all still considering USF.  Skip left this team with no QB's, one RB, one soft receiver (Davis), literally no Tight Ends,  a terrible offensive line,  a terrible secondary, two good linebackers, and a few good d-lineman.  You can already see how some of the younger guys like Tice,Godwin, and Harris are already outperforming most of the older guys, and thats a good thing.   As for all of Athletics,  I give Woulard a little more credit then most on here.  The Skip Holtz contract extention was a bone-head move but everyone makes mistakes.   The Sun Dome has been renovated under his watch, the basketball team made the NCAA's and won a few games (not to mention that they have a chance to make another run this year), Soccer is always good, and most of the other sports are ussually competitive.    We won't be in the AAC for long either, expecially if UCF stays at a high level.  There is no other rivalry combo in the nation that one of the Big 5 conferences could get that could outdo that, not even close.  I still think the Big 12 will come knocking sooner than later,  ACC if they lose some teams, and I would'nt be shocked if the Big 10 gave us a look too, considering that they wanted into Florida too.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I think we're mismanaged and the next five years is bleak.  Woolard is terrible.

Assuming CJL got a structured settlement, we pay three HFC's right now.  Simply put, that is pathetic and a major embarrassment for USF and Woolard.

Woolard is, in part, responsible for Aresco. . . . . who is a hot mess.  Aresco came in saying the BE could fetch $1B in tv rights deal. . . . . and then delivered pennies on the dollar.  Such a discrepancy is as sad as it is hilarious.  I haven't seen a bigger bunch of horseshite fool so many people since the old Simpson's episode where the city of Springfield got bamboozled into building a monorail.  In addition to looking like an underqualified clown by uttering the word "billion", Aresco ran off the catholic schools in weeks after his predecessors were able to keep an uneasy peace for years.  The latest kick to the gut is the utterly atrocious bowl lineup Aresco has secured. . . . . unless you like watching third-rate football in a third-world stadium in the Bahamas.

And then there are the little things:  WTF is up with the naming rights on the Sundome. . . . . what is the hold-up?  USF announced years ago that it was seeking a partner.  Either Woolard can't drive that project to completion, or USF athletics can't fetch a fair offer. . . . . . either way, it falls at Woolard's feet.

Amazingly, tere's no accountability at all by Woolard and nobody in the local media puts his feet to the fire:

- Attendance is down. . . . . . I have never heard Woolard have to speak to this.

- Revenue is down. . . . . . . . I have never heard Woolard have to speak to this.

- Relegation to the little leagues. . . . . . When Woolard had to speak to these he distracted the audience by talking about USF wanting a $300M (Minnesota-style) stadium. . . . . . WTF doug!  How will we pay for that??!!!!  We are one of the lowest funded athletics programs in the AAC. . . . . alas, nobody asks.

You assume that because Woolard hasn't spoken to the media about the issues mentioned that there is no accountability?  Why do so many feel they have the right to know every little thing that goes on with our athletic department?  Maybe the Sundome issue is that he's waiting for what he feels is a fair offer.  It's better to wait a year or two for a good offer, then to be stuck with a bad 30 year contract.  What would you like him to say about attendance and revenue (which is up because of the Big East exodus)?  Do you honestly think that USF has not talked to other conferences about moving?  The stadium issue has been discussed ad nauseum. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

You assume that because Woolard hasn't spoken to the media about the issues mentioned that there is no accountability?  Why do so many feel they have the right to know every little thing that goes on with our athletic department?  Maybe the Sundome issue is that he's waiting for what he feels is a fair offer.  It's better to wait a year or two for a good offer, then to be stuck with a bad 30 year contract.  What would you like him to say about attendance and revenue (which is up because of the Big East exodus)?  Do you honestly think that USF has not talked to other conferences about moving?  The stadium issue has been discussed ad nauseum.

I think he is waiting until the new Sun Dome starts selling out concerts and different events to make it more appealing to a bigger sponser.  The OCS stuff really needs to stop.  When Ray Jay starts becoming a dump, then the Bulls and Bucs should do what the Jets and Giants did and create a shared stadium.  If we could have something like Minnesota's then sure but it will never ever happen, and the last thing I want is some generic bleacher stadium like UCF or UConn.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,991
  • Days Won:  12

We have been badly mismanaged and i can only hope that has been noted and corrected