• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Louisville Game time for Noon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Well there goes tailgating

Come on, bro...nothing like cracking open your first cold one at 8 AM!! ;)

8:00am????? I have a DD that day; lets shoot for 6 or 7

C'mon man, Wiz concert is the night before. No way i'm gonna make it to Ray-Jay by 8.

Hey, at least you'll be able to say you're late because you were viewing something less talented than our offense on Friday night.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think there's any difference between noon and 7pm on that Saturday because there's Guavaween event that night.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Well there goes tailgating

Come on, bro...nothing like cracking open your first cold one at 8 AM!! ;)

8:00am????? I have a DD that day; lets shoot for 6 or 7

C'mon man, Wiz concert is the night before. No way i'm gonna make it to Ray-Jay by 8.

Hey, at least you'll be able to say you're late because you were viewing something less talented than our offense on Friday night.

hahahah true ;)

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

so weak to complain about game times.  if you want to be at the game, you will make it work for you.

^^^^ So true

+2

Wish I was going, I've been to the last two games against Louisville.  Maybe the fact that I'm NOT going will help us win, seeing as we've lost the last two against them.   :)

Wait. So NOT true. My family has to travel to make it to the game about a 3 1/2 hour drive. That means they have to get up, take care of the animals, and be on the road by 7am just to have a chance to make it to any type of tailgating we do. And as a Bullbacker we do a lot of tailgating! (for the last Cincy game I was out hooking up my smoker at 9am and had it set up and the fire going by 10). Now of course I will go to the game and enjoy it however with no cover in the stadium I can completely understand how some, especially older fans would be discouraged by the FL heat. Hopefully we get a nice cool front tome come through to make it more tolerable but our sun is brutal. I am thankful I am fortunate enough o have access to the club but that Majority of our fans do not. 

Also for our already less than engaged student section, getting a college kid up before noon let alone before 10am is a hell of a challenge especially after they have been out drinking all night Friday. Let's be honest with ourselves, we are not a football obsessed school yet. I hope we get there.

Did you mean to quote my post? Your reply doesn't seem to have much to do with mine.

I quoted the whole block lining up behind the first post which was the point I was responding to. Unless your +2 didn't mean what I thought it meant. You are correct though It didn't pertain to the rest of your post. I'll take all the advantages again though I would rather have you at the game to see whatever evil voodoo curse broken. 

Sorry just now getting to respond on my PC rather than my phone.

Of course some have a tougher time getting to the game than others.  Also, everyone has standards they live by as well, which encourages or prevents them from going to games.  For some, their standard is it must be a certain temperature outside.  For others, they have too much responsibility at home to include travel time.  

People will say:

"I want to go to the game, but it's too hot, so I'd rather watch at home" - they really don't want to be at the game that badly

"I want to go to the game, but I have so much responsibility, and then I don't want to be in a car for 3 1/2 hours"  - they really don't want to be at the game that badly

"I want to go to the game, but it is a 7 hour drive one way (my excuse)" - I don't want to be at the game that badly.  

If you really want to go to the game, you'll make it happen regardless of what you have to do.  If you don't want to get in the car and get there, you'll either have a good reason that prevents you from going, like work, or a wedding, etc,  in which case you don't really have a choice.  Or you'll make an excuse not to go.

It's really pretty much as simple as that.  

I appreciate you wanting me to be there, though.  :)  I'd love to see the curse broken but it's just not in the cards for me to be there, and I really don't want to do what it would really take me doing to get there.  

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Since I know how everyone loves long blocks of quoted text... I'll skip it. 

My family has had to miss a few games but I try to fill in with friends, but I have made every home game this year so far and every game except Pitt last year (even the Miami away game). I do go to the games but that is not to say there are things I do not enjoy about going to a noon game. As a ticket holder I do not seeing anything wrong with voicing an opinion about it. Of course if you love the game and the team you will work within your means to be there, I am just saying calling people with valid concerns about the product "weak" and to dismiss it as a simply as if you want to be there "you will make it work" is short sighted and not the best way to mend our attendance woes. I do think Ray Jay as a venue should address the heat with some sort of awning, which they could actually get creative with and make look like a ship or something. Then again after this year's fiasco I doubt they have the cash for it.