• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Darius Tice

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

With Shaw gone after this year and Pierre (I'm not that impressed) gone after next season, that leaves Davis, Tice and McCray as the only RBs on this current roster.  I know that Bulls expect to sign a RB or two (better make it at minimum 2 and probably 3), but with the poor year that USF is having, there's a good chance that Taggart has a hard time holding onto a top RB or two this recruitment cycle?  USF cannot afford to swing and miss on signing solid WRs and RBs this recruitment cycle.

Pierre is a junior...

The amount of people who don't even know what year our players are is staggering.

We will have Tice, Mccray, Davis and Pierre next season. That is a solid unit and I'd expect no more than 2 RB's brought in.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

With Shaw gone after this year and Pierre (I'm not that impressed) gone after next season, that leaves Davis, Tice and McCray as the only RBs on this current roster. I know that Bulls expect to sign a RB or two (better make it at minimum 2 and probably 3), but with the poor year that USF is having, there's a good chance that Taggart has a hard time holding onto a top RB or two this recruitment cycle? USF cannot afford to swing and miss on signing solid WRs and RBs this recruitment cycle.

Pierre is a junior...

The amount of people who don't even know what year our players are is staggering.

We will have Tice, Mccray, Davis and Pierre next season. That is a solid unit and I'd expect no more than 2 RB's brought in.

So when he said Pierre would be gone after next season, that didn't tip you off that he knew Pierre was a junior?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

The best RBs are Shaw, Tice, and Davis.Shaw is shifty and quick, Tice is strong and has some moves, Davis just plows over people, like the Dump Truck. Pierre is number 4 until he shows something. He seems to run to darkness.

+1

`>Tice is Nice<

From the perspective of carrying the ball, I think I liked what I saw out of Tice the most. He has burst, vision, and strength. I mean did anyone else see how he was swatting away would be tacklers with his stiff arms and he is a true freshman!! Of course the run by Davis in the fourth was clutch, and freaking awesome but overall I was more impressed with Tice. I think if people go back and watch the game analytically it will  be hard to disagree.

For those stating they don't understand why they are not more involved remember a running back has to run, catch, block, and know the playbook. I was encouraged to see Tice out providing some pass protection on several downs. I think Tice may be the next big running back at USF!

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

With Shaw gone after this year and Pierre (I'm not that impressed) gone after next season, that leaves Davis, Tice and McCray as the only RBs on this current roster. I know that Bulls expect to sign a RB or two (better make it at minimum 2 and probably 3), but with the poor year that USF is having, there's a good chance that Taggart has a hard time holding onto a top RB or two this recruitment cycle? USF cannot afford to swing and miss on signing solid WRs and RBs this recruitment cycle.

Pierre is a junior...

So when he said Pierre would be gone after next season, that didn't tip you off that he knew Pierre was a junior?

misread it. still sauced from celebrating pats game

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Pierre is a junior...

Understood. I think he was looking down the road at what we'd have in the backfield when things start clicking. Next year is still going to be a work in progress and the younger guys are going to be the focal point of the true CWT system.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

Pierre is a junior...

Understood. I think he was looking down the road at what we'd have in the backfield when things start clicking. Next year is still going to be a work in progress and the younger guys are going to be the focal point of the true CWT system.

Yes, that was my point, JTrue.  Thanks for correcting deters- for me and clarifying my concern.  Next year will be fine at RB - if - there's no major injury to one of those 3 returning RBs and if USF can sign a couple decent RBs this recruitment cycle. If this season sours good recruits from signing - as you recognized in my previous post - I see problems ahead at RB that following year (2015) when the Bulls should have the QB situation in much better shape.  Hopefully everything merges as needed and Bulls are balanced at the skilled positions, but that will require Taggart to continue his excellent recruiting?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

It's long been my opinion that Darius Tice is the guy amongst the young players that USF should focus their attention on as far as getting playing time early and developing to take a larger role.

As with all things, that could change depending on the recruiting. I mean, if you pull an Alex Collins type into the fold then forget about it. He's going to be at least one of your main guys if not your main guy a la a healthy Marcus Shaw.

But for now Darius Tice is the guy that should get the carries with Shaw. His high school tape was good. He's a dependable player. As you saw on his very first carry of the game when he broke three arm tackles, Tice has some hidden ability to do things physically that maybe people under appreciated a little bit.

But the thing he does really well is see the blocking and the defense in the backfield and make quick and accurate decisions about where he's going with the football. I think generally even when a play is not blocked all that well, he's going to tend to get you those 2 or 3 yards by making good decisions. And when a play is blocked well enough, he'll find it.

He's young right now and so I think he's going to make some mistakes in this regard but he's got very high potential in terms of his decision making and vision in the backfield to see the blocking and pick the right hole.

Until USF gets someone that can do this AND be a bit more dynamic, I think Tice has to be one of their main guys.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

DAVIS.....WILLIE THAT IS

I agree that Willie Davis has shown that he should receive more carries this season.  That guy runs with a lot of determination and doesn't give up.  I'm curious why it took so long for Taggart to get Davis into a game?  I think that Davis is a much better runner than Pierre, but we continue to see Pierre take carries that I believe should go to Davis - or at least allow a larger percentage of Pierre's carries go to Davis.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Tice should be #2 on depth chart, Davis #3, and Pierre bringing up the rear.  Pierre's carries need to go down.  I want to see a two headed monster with Shaw and Tice...Shaw getting 75% of carries and Tice 25%, with a few of Davis sprinkled in.  Pierre has shown very little this year and his YPC is way less than the other 3 backs.