• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Offensive Line

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

They've been awful, but Saturday they didn't look as bad as we've seen. In fact they were better. With a day off I subjected myself to this game again.

A good portion of the breaks by the Miami defense came because a RB.

Take the fumble in the Endzone:

http://m.espn.go.com/general/video?vid=9736173&src=desktop

There were 4-5 other plays like that. I was shocked about the amount of time Bench had at times. He's got to work on getting that ball out. He is trying to take his time.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

They've been awful, but Saturday they didn't look as bad as we've seen. In fact they were better. With a day off I subjected myself to this game again.

There were 4-5 other plays like that. I was shocked about the amount of time Bench had at times. He's got to work on getting that ball out. He is trying to take his time.

This is exactly what I was telling someone the other day.  We were not THAT bad.. it was a bad atmosphere due to the 30k Miami fans in the stands and we had zero answer to their passing game. Other than that we played pretty well.  I saw a lot of passion from the guys and I saw a couple solid drives by the offense.  We are not too far away from being a solid team.  It WILL happen this season, unlike a lot of opinions out there.  Maybe Miami's backup secondary isn't that great but our passing game took off towards the end when Bench let loose. I want to see us utilizing our receivers more often.  Our OL is getting better, slightly, but better.  So it should happen soon. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

Ya sure the passing game improved in the second half when Miami was giving their 3 deep some time in there. That's really the our o-line started looking better exhaust Miami took out all of their starters.

What I saw was Bench on the run every pass call and Morris standing idley while his receivers smoked our secondary.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

That fumble in the endzone is on the TE not the RB. #80 runs right between two Miami DLs and the RB picked up the inside guy. The O line did a little better but still need all the help they can get. At least 3 times in every game Im seeing Guys run fullspeed and untouched at our QB.

I believe the play there called for Bench to throw to the TE on the blitz as he was in a receiving pattern. Thus the loaded backfield. Just watching it.

Yeah, the TE could have bought a second or two by locking up.

This offense needs a lot of work. That is for sure.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,699
  • Days Won:  2

The guy who fumbled through ball is at fault, not the rb or te

The guy who fumbled through ball is at fault, not the rb or te

That was a terrible decision by Bench. Gotta take the sack, but he was a wounded duck there

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Take the fumble in the Endzone:http://m.espn.go.com/general/video?vid=9736173&src=desktop

This is exactly what I was telling someone the other day.  We were not THAT bad.. it was a bad atmosphere due to the 30k Miami fans in the stands and we had zero answer to their passing game. Other than that we played pretty well.  I saw a lot of passion from the guys and I saw a couple solid drives by the offense.  We are not too far away from being a solid team.  It WILL happen this season, unlike a lot of opinions out there.  Maybe Miami's backup secondary isn't that great but our passing game took off towards the end when Bench let loose. I want to see us utilizing our receivers more often.  Our OL is getting better, slightly, but better.  So it should happen soon.

I love your optimism and truly hope your right, but can you please pass the Koolaid.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

we were down 35-7 at half

not that bad???????????

it all starts up front

need a hugh athletic oline to compete

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Gismo's right, we looked good against their 3rd string--their desire to get experience at depth & save 1st string for GATech was about the only reason they didn't hang more and allow less points. Really pains me to say that, but I was actually glad to see it so that our guys could get just a little pride back and some experience watching pass plays develop rather than just watching them collapse. Bench's numbers looked respectable once he got time.