• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Offensive Line

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

This offense just doesn't rely on OLs to pass block.  RBs and TEs have to block as well, especially on play-action.  And those two positions have failed in helping the OL pass block.  There were many occasions where the DL and LBs have been running (untouched) right pass our OL.  I truly don't think the OL are missing their responsibilities, but rather they are relying on the TEs and RBs to pickup those responsibilities while they help shore up other gaps.  And our TEs and backs have failed to either correctly pick them up or just flat out gets beaten.

Pass blocking has been our team's Achilles heel IMO. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

How did the freshman OL's look?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

How did the freshman OL's look?

Hard to tell. They did okay against the 2nd & 3rd string Miami DL, but IMO looked about the same as our starters for strength/conditioning. I give them about 6/10.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

there's a voodoo5 article that really broke down some of the plays and how miami stopped them, and it definitely did a good job of pointing out that the line isn't as terrible as we thought. miami's defensive front definitely wasn't michigan state, but they still brought pressure and we handled it a bit better at times, esp on that first drive where we marched down the field and scored points to answer them at 7-7. (I knew it wouldn't last, but it was good to see)

the system is in place. i was watching from the west side of the 300s level and i could see more of the "TV" aerial view from up there. there's definitely something in place and seeing the blocks missed just means it will take more time, but even though the scores aren't reflecting it, it's slowly taking shape. if we can cut down on the boneheaded turnovers and the penalties, we might actually have a fightin shot to beat someone like uconn or memphis. i think as guys get more comfortable, and bench keeps taking the reps, it will show more and more. recruiting is key and so is patience, as we still need to look for future QB options and make sure we beef up our O-line and get RBs who can block and catch as this system uses that.