• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

we must stick with bench

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

no matter what this year

open comptetion next year

recruit top highschool qb and juco qb

Edited by smazza
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I don't think you need to recruit a top JUCO, but we need to bring in the best HS QB possible.

Bench has only played maybe 3 or 4 games in his career, is a sophomore and is playing behind a terrible OL with little to work with at WR. I think he could be a quality 3 year starter for us. Gotta think next season its Bench vs White with new QB redshirting possibly.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  114
  • Days Won:  0

I agree JuCo is not the route for a QB in this system, too hard to pickup and be proficient in a short time. Bench won't be the second coming but will improve with experience. Keep recruiting best available HS QB talent and have open competition each fall.

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016

I suspect that White may be the starter before the end of this season. In practice he is doing better than the other 3 QBs according to reports. The only question is if CWT will burn a redshirt on him or not. I know he burnt Tice's redshirt yesterday but that's because Pierre is not getting the job done and CWT needs a number 2 for Shaw. The same might be the case for Bench, Floyd is basically done at USF, Eveld is a senior. if White continues as he has been he will be the number 2 QB and might get some starts at the end of the season in preparation for next year.

JUCO is not an option. They are short term fixes to become competitive but do not contribute to the development of a program. We just have to accept that CWT is building a program and not just trying to be competitive. He wants to build a perennial power here and that takes time. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Ill take a few Jucos,

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I suspect that White may be the starter before the end of this season. In practice he is doing better than the other 3 QBs according to reports. The only question is if CWT will burn a redshirt on him or not. I know he burnt Tice's redshirt yesterday but that's because Pierre is not getting the job done and CWT needs a number 2 for Shaw. The same might be the case for Bench, Floyd is basically done at USF, Eveld is a senior. if White continues as he has been he will be the number 2 QB and might get some starts at the end of the season in preparation for next year.

JUCO is not an option. They are short term fixes to become competitive but do not contribute to the development of a program. We just have to accept that CWT is building a program and not just trying to be competitive. He wants to build a perennial power here and that takes time. 

Completely agree.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Bench has shown a lot of heart and toughness behind a terrible offensive line. He has earned another start and should continue to start as long as he is progressing. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

What happens if Bench gets injured?  Do you go back to Floyd or Eveld?

I believe we will see White as evidenced by the fact he was warming up when Bench got digned up.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777

Ill take a few Jucos,

Jucos are needed on the offensive line but not at QB.

• Upvote 1