• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doug is killing fan base

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

How low and long do we have to go before we have No fans at the games?  20,000  was the actual butts in seats according to  Sports authority.    

USF's broken promises to donors and season ticket holders with POOR play on the field and Horrible decision making by the AD is compounding the problem.

Our mess is much bigger than Skippy and the current mess Coach T inherited.  We run our AD office like a JV high school booster program made up of volunteer parents and teachers.  Time to cut Doug before the next wave or realignment comes ( its coming folks don't kid your self)  and it might be the last one.  

What will USF PROMISE next year to get butts in the seats(only to not keep those promises)? 

Doug ur the Top man the chit stops with you. 

Coach T your the coach so "Do something and make these players play with heart and pride"  or bench them and go with the future ( freshmen).    

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174

the heat is certainly on...

Everything else has been changed. There is more to it than football but we can all agree is football is his biggest job.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Really, you're blaming our AD for the play on the field?  As far as I know, he hasn't called one play, made one line up decision or played one snap.  There are things you can blame him for, hiring Holtz, extending Holtz, hiring CWT.  But the two hires were considered solid by most people, the extension was questionable at the time, but he thought it would be better to lock up a coach that he thought would be good.  When it didn't turn out that way, he fired him.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Really, you're blaming our AD for the play on the field?  As far as I know, he hasn't called one play, made one line up decision or played one snap.  There are things you can blame him for, hiring Holtz, extending Holtz, hiring CWT.  But the two hires were considered solid by most people, the extension was questionable at the time, but he thought it would be better to lock up a coach that he thought would be good.  When it didn't turn out that way, he fired him.

This.  

10x the amount of Fire Doug threads between now and the end of the year won't change a thing.  

Im blaming Him for his decisions at the helm, Hiring Skip, than extending his contract only to can him 6 months later, pissing away USF money(a lot coming from donors).I blame him for having to pay Skip 500.000 a year to coach at La Tech,  If Coach T gets canned before his contract is up( which I hope not) than we will be paying 3 head coaches at the same time. Im blaming him for the scheduling crap of the opening of the New SunDome (UCF). The lack of communication between the fanbase, donors and season ticket holders. The email distribution list is horrible and many complain about not getting emails. I blame him for the way the athletic Dept is run in general,(its JV at best and filled with a lot of interns or people who either don't care, or know what is going on) Doug is the Top man, He needs to have people under him doing their best work.  Call and talk to 3 or more people about any question and get 3 or more answers(pathetic).  I blame him for the broken Promises to donors and season ticket holders( still not a peep from USF about it other than the email last week about Bullscast) (this was after writing weeks ago asking about it).

Coach T is blamed for the mess on the field.  But Woolard is ultimately responsible for the over all success or failure of ALL SPORTS including football. If a coach is not getting the job done regardless of the issue why, its Dougs responsibility to make sure they have the resources to do the job, talk to them about fixing the problem,  or making a change to fix it.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

You just contradicted yourself.  You said you blame our AD for firing Holtz, but then he should make sure a coach is doing his job or make a change.  Admit it, you're a Doug hater and nothing he does will please you.  Not the facility upgrades, not the out of conference football games, etc.

without getting into a pissing match. I said I blame him hiring him and for the extension and 6 months later the firing( you tell me Skip got worse in 6 months)  we fans who go to the game saw Skips blunders day one in game with time management, play calling ect....  I follow ECU actually went there in the 80s for undergrad and Skip killed them as well.  They are finally back to pre Skippy days.

Im as much of a "Doug hater" as you appear to be a Doug Lover. Must sign your check or ur on the staff?   If so than Listen to the customers (donors and season ticket holders)  stop defending the ineptness of the AD  dept. Continue on this path and watch the attendance fall from 20,000 this past week to 15,000 by conference play.  Watch the mass exodus of season ticket holders and donors next year in FB.   We see it each season. People are getting their upgrades now in BB this year due to lack of people renewing.  

Look at the Bucs they run their organization poorly as well and have suffered at the window( butts in seats). USF is worse at running their Athletic Dept. 

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

If Taggart were 3-0 who would be calling for Woolard to be fired? The only real knock against the guy is giving Holtz and extension.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174

No we wouldn't but usf is 0-3 and we are approaching a calendar year since our last win.

He won't get fired this year and probably not next. Only way he's gone is if WIllie completely fails here.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291
  • Days Won:  0

Hiring the right coach is toughest decision to make. Don't lie that some of you were excited to have Holtz the day he was hired. He just made a mistake. Who hasn't made a mistake? No one..

Just be patience.. I know it will come around.