• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doug is killing fan base

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

hbryan, will you grow up, or better yet just go away! The name calling makes you look like a 12 yr old.

You're both a couple of twisted ***** who didn't even graduate from USF.

While I find Slick to be an annoyance and acknowledge the fact that this guy says some things which I don't necessarily agree with, let's be careful with throwing around who did or did not graduate or go to USF.  I understand the frustration with these guys but we need those who are not necessarily affiliated with the program to support it.  E.T. is one of our biggest die hard supporters and I know a young guy named "Mike" who loves the program and cheers on the players at practices when he is allowed to go.  Neither went to USF.

I take it very, very personal when someone want's to equate Jim Leavitt and this university to Jerry Sandusky and PSU, respectively.   That combined with his never ending trumpeting of UCF means he isn't so much a USF fan as he is a Forum Occupier.  Oh, and slick1ru2 is definitely no ET, very bad comparison.

And if you slowed down and tried to comprehend what I meant, which was that a university can't sit on a situation where a coach is alleged to have physically done anything inappropriate to student athletes. It was an example of long term behavior of something done to the players. You can't strike players, you can't molest them. Period. Leavitt striking a player would always be hanging around, now wouldn't it? You completely missed where I said the Rutgers BB coach AND AD were fired for just screaming obscenities and slurs at students. He didn't even strike anyone. So you obviously need to slow down, and try an comprehend what I said and take less personal offense about things, especially if you don't fully understand what is being written.

***** ******, slick, this is why you bring this **** on yourself. You are fully aware that the PSU situation had NOTHING to do with the "abuse" of players, right??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Still trying to figure out how acknowledging UCF football is up now and USF is down is "trumpeting of UCF". I consider it living in reality. Don't like it, but I am not going to say that team sucks, every dog has their day and this is theirs. I guess if I threw immature names at them, it would be more acceptable. I am not stooping to that level, seen by their fans too.

hbryan, will you grow up, or better yet just go away! The name calling makes you look like a 12 yr old.

While I find Slick to be an annoyance and acknowledge the fact that this guy says some things which I don't necessarily agree with, let's be careful with throwing around who did or did not graduate or go to USF.  I understand the frustration with these guys but we need those who are not necessarily affiliated with the program to support it.  E.T. is one of our biggest die hard supporters and I know a young guy named "Mike" who loves the program and cheers on the players at practices when he is allowed to go.  Neither went to USF.

I take it very, very personal when someone want's to equate Jim Leavitt and this university to Jerry Sandusky and PSU, respectively.   That combined with his never ending trumpeting of UCF means he isn't so much a USF fan as he is a Forum Occupier.  Oh, and slick1ru2 is definitely no ET, very bad comparison.
And if you slowed down and tried to comprehend what I meant, which was that a university can't sit on a situation where a coach is alleged to have physically done anything inappropriate to student athletes. It was an example of long term behavior of something done to the players. You can't strike players, you can't molest them. Period. Leavitt striking a player would always be hanging around, now wouldn't it? You completely missed where I said the Rutgers BB coach AND AD were fired for just screaming obscenities and slurs at students. He didn't even strike anyone. So you obviously need to slow down, and try an comprehend what I said and take less personal offense about things, especially if you don't fully understand what is being written.

***** ******, slick, this is why you bring this **** on yourself. You are fully aware that the PSU situation had NOTHING to do with the "abuse" of players, right??

Tell me of another recent incident of a coach physically doing something to a player, where he wasn't fired. Do you know of any?

The only example I could find of a university turning their head when a player was physically wronged by a coach repeatedly by a coach was.......    Not firing Leavitt would leave USF in the same position PSU is in IF another incident occurred down the road. Lawsuits and serious NCAA sanctions. That's what I meant. All other incidents of coaches abusing players that recently happened, coaches were fired so the university couldn't be in that situation down the road. People here don't seem to get that.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

You mean when was the last time a coach was fired for allegations? I thought it was interfering in investigation, or was it the lack of a conference crown, maybe the consolidation of too much power (in the building). Not so clear now.

Frank Martin had an incident similar to one of Miller's stories. His University handled it well.

Bobby Knight was a choker. Definitely lead to his demise. I don't know what happened, none of us do.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

No comparison intended as there is none. Only referring to the did not graduate part. We need all the fans and supporters we can get.

A troll or agent provocateur is an annoyance whether they graduated from USF or not and we have ones which fit both.