• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The best thing about this debacle...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Wow.  This blows.  I've had season tickets since we joined the Big East.  Before that, we just walked up and went to games.  The original thought was (besides supporting the University and growing a football program), we would start donating and get our season tickets because someday (like UF, etc.) we would be selling out every game and you wouldn't be able to just "walk up" and buy tickets anymore.  It was looking like we were right in 2007.  Now it has become a joke.  We still don't miss games, but it is getting harder and harder to attend.  The product on the field plain sucks.  You can buys seats right next to mine for $5 if you don't know anyone who will be happy to give them to you for free.  There is no excuse for it.  Talent?  I know we have to have more talent than McCheese and FAU.  It's brutal.  My family and I would rather take the money and get a boat.  We could spend our Saturdays on the water.  I consider myself a hard-core diehard fan, but it's getting really really really difficult to stay on this smelly bus.  God help us.  We are awefully bad.  Planning on going to the Miami game, but I've been conditioned to expect a loss from this team every week.  I guess we can cheer for "not getting blown out."

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm not one to say whether someone is a, "true fan" or not, but I'm not sure how you can consider yourself, "a hard-core, diehard, fan" if you want to get a boat so you can do something other than support your school and team.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

I'm not one to say whether someone is a, "true fan" or not, but I'm not sure how you can consider yourself, "a hard-core, diehard, fan" if you want to get a boat so you can do something other than support your school and team.

I "want to" get a boat.  But I can't seem to let go of the ticketes because I want to support my school and team even more.  That's how I can say that. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I "want to" get a boat.  But I can't seem to let go of the ticketes because I want to support my school and team even more.  That's how I can say that. 

Many on here would say you can't possibly be a "true fan" if you're harboring those feelings. "True fans" go down with the ship...or so the argument goes lately.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

I agree with the comment that you are now eroding the core fans, not the bandwagon.  It's really hard to watch us lose to all teams when there is real football to watch on TV.  Yet I keep going every week?  Ugh...

Core fans are the ones there through thick and thin ... Not sure what adjective you can use to describe any fans being eroded right now but core would be inaccurate.

I have to wonder that that core number is?

Core would be those that continue to donate a decent sum, buy tickets, attend games, buy gear?  Re-arrange schedule to watch or attend roadies?

I have to believe "core fan" is being redefined weekly, too.

So far that is what describes us. Although I did sell our Miami away game tickets last year.  We are still making the trip to Houston.  We are core fans.  Plan on being at all the home games.  Our friends know that it is nothing personal, but if the Bulls are at home we aren't available. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  112
  • Days Won:  0

I have 8 tickets (face value $45) PLUS $1,000 donation.  Tough to see the value anymore going forward, especially considering most people don't even want to go to game for free and I can get a ticket in parking lot for $5 or less.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  38

Yeah ... in what way is USF having fewer fans a good thing? Just because you give yourself a pat on the back over this made-up concept of a "true" fan? The loss of interest in USF football is devastating, and to say otherwise is dumb as hell.

And then of course in one of your other posts (here) you said this:

I'm new to the board, and I generally prefer to read and not post.  But you, sir, are the kind of fan that disgusts me.  Who the hell are you to decide who is and isn't a true fan?

Get over yourself.

Wow, the concept of sarcasm and humor is lost on you, isn't it?

If you think what you posted was funny, then I'm not the one with the difficulty grasping "humor" here.

I mean sarcasm.  Wasn't trying to do stand up here.  You need to seriously relax.  You are wound up pretty tight.  Gonna blow something if you don't chill out.

My post that you linked to was meant to be a serious post.  This was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek statement about all of the fans that are running for cover as the rest of us are going down with the ship.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390

Many on here would say you can't possibly be a "true fan" if you're harboring those feelings. "True fans" go down with the ship...or so the argument goes lately.

Screw that, if the man wants to buy a boat, buy a boat. If you know you and your family would enjoy a Saturday on a boat more than USF football games then do that. Don't let the idea of being a message board 'true fan' stop that. And just because you get a boat doesn't mean you can't grab tickets to a game or two a year. I mean, we have some realllllly cheap options for single game tickets.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I "want to" get a boat. But I can't seem to let go of the ticketes because I want to support my school and team even more. That's how I can say that.

Screw that, if the man wants to buy a boat, buy a boat. If you know you and your family would enjoy a Saturday on a boat more than USF football games then do that. Don't let the idea of being a message board 'true fan' stop that. And just because you get a boat doesn't mean you can't grab tickets to a game or two a year. I mean, we have some realllllly cheap options for single game tickets.

Agree with this.

For most, and for myself, there are many things that are more enjoyable than watching your football team lose every Saturday in the Fall.