• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where do the fingers get pointed?

What's the reason for this debacle?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Start with the fan base and their unrealistic expectations of always winning in college football. Maybe some online courses on the history of college football?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

We've got one decent player on offense - Marcus Shaw.  He had 21 carries.  We have no good option at QB right now ... so how can we expect our WRs to make plays.  

How would the ones harping on play calling do it differently?  Let's see some examples from you besides only criticism.  

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,805
  • Days Won:  0

Taggart has now had two months with these kids. April and August. It is going to take time. Don't forget the last three games of last year were identical to these losses this year.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

all three.

the cupboard was bare when Holtz got canned. we have no QB, no OLine and no depth.

morale is low because the players returning have lost how many games in a row. they've also survived a pretty demoralizing downgrade in conference stature.

and of course coaching ALWAYS plays a role. head coach bears responsibility to some degree for every win or loss. the decision to start Eveld rather than give Bench the nod from the start was probably a fatal error. neither side showed much discipline.

if i had to put a percentage on it, i'd say 40% talent, 40% morale/character, 20% coaching.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Taggart has now had two months with these kids. April and August. It is going to take time. Don't forget the last three games of last year were identical to these losses this year.

Been saying the last sentence for two weeks now.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

if i had to put a percentage on it, i'd say 40% talent, 40% morale/character, 20% coaching.

Definitely not just one thing

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

I missed the entire first half but what I saw in the 2nd half was some promise with Bench. Defensively, saw us play like crap with too many penalties and our D-line and linebackers still getting run over.

Hard for me to fault the playcalling. Our o-line is absolutely dreadful in pass protection - we HAVE to improve there, because Shaw can't shoulder the load all year. That makes the QB play pretty bad too.

Need to increase the talent and definitely the morale, too many guys just staying down and out.

Of course Taggart can do no wrong for you.

This game was called pitifully.

Get a clue.  The game was NOT called pitifully.  The truth is that we have NO TALENT on this team and we will suffer the slow curse of Skippy for the next few years until Taggert gets his type of players in this system.  The plays are there, the PLAYERS are not.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

I keep reading that we lack talent. I agree when compared to Florida, Miami, FSU. We definitely out recruited FAU and McNeese for the last 4 years. So how can they make us look so bad? I think the answer to that is coaching

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Been saying the last sentence for two weeks now.

Two months? This is a lame excuse. Come on!

Hes been around these kids for 9 months.

These losses are nowhere near the losses we had to end last year. McNeese State and FAU vs. Miami and Pitt?