• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where do the fingers get pointed?

What's the reason for this debacle?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I missed the entire first half but what I saw in the 2nd half was some promise with Bench. Defensively, saw us play like crap with too many penalties and our D-line and linebackers still getting run over.

Hard for me to fault the playcalling. Our o-line is absolutely dreadful in pass protection - we HAVE to improve there, because Shaw can't shoulder the load all year. That makes the QB play pretty bad too.

Need to increase the talent and definitely the morale, too many guys just staying down and out.

Of course Taggart can do no wrong for you.

This game was called pitifully.

Get a clue. The game was NOT called pitifully. The truth is that we have NO TALENT on this team and we will suffer the slow curse of Skippy for the next few years until Taggert gets his type of players in this system. The plays are there, the PLAYERS are not.

We absolutely lack talent...but you're telling me McNeese State and FAU have more? And even then, so much more talent that they come into RJS and beat us by double digits? No.

• Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  297
  • Days Won:  2

Had we played against FAU like we played against Michigan State, the outcome would've been way different.  If we put up miserable offensive numbers against Mich State, granted their defense, we would've at least had a fighting chance against a 0-2 FAU.

Perhaps it's a litany of problems, but, as the broadcast booth last night pointed out, it's been so long since this team had experienced a win.  They don't understand what success looks and feels like.  They are clawing for it, and coming up short every time.  And when they do, they implode.  And then it gets even worse -- they implode against FAWho and Dunkin Donuts HS flag football team.  I'm pretty sure it's a mentality -- athletes don't think they're good.  And the harder they try, the dumber they look.

Then it all goes back to coaching.  As mentioned previously on here, it goes back to installing a system that works with the personnel that they have.  It's 1st and 10, what you gonna do coach, what you gonna do?  Shaw up the middle.  Lather, rinse, repeat for 2nd and 8, 3rd and 8, and kick the ball away.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I missed the entire first half but what I saw in the 2nd half was some promise with Bench. Defensively, saw us play like crap with too many penalties and our D-line and linebackers still getting run over.

Hard for me to fault the playcalling. Our o-line is absolutely dreadful in pass protection - we HAVE to improve there, because Shaw can't shoulder the load all year. That makes the QB play pretty bad too.

Need to increase the talent and definitely the morale, too many guys just staying down and out.

not sure what you expect scheme wise.

he should probably call oregon's offensive plays and alabama's defensive plays. would that satisfy you?

Taggart is 37. he will learn. his strength is recruiting.

Had we played against FAU like we played against Michigan State, the outcome would've been way different.  If we put up miserable offensive numbers against Mich State, granted their defense, we would've at least had a fighting chance against a 0-2 FAU.

Perhaps it's a litany of problems, but, as the broadcast booth last night pointed out, it's been so long since this team had experienced a win.  They don't understand what success looks and feels like.  They are clawing for it, and coming up short every time.  And when they do, they implode.  And then it gets even worse -- they implode against FAWho and Dunkin Donuts HS flag football team.  I'm pretty sure it's a mentality -- athletes don't think they're good.  And the harder they try, the dumber they look.

Then it all goes back to coaching.  As mentioned previously on here, it goes back to installing a system that works with the personnel that they have.  It's 1st and 10, what you gonna do coach, what you gonna do?  Shaw up the middle.  Lather, rinse, repeat for 2nd and 8, 3rd and 8, and kick the ball away.

shaw averaged 7.8 yards per carry and had 159 yards rushing. bench was 8 for 23 for 128 yards with a pick and 2 sacks.

yes running shaw up the middle(i'd actually like to see him try to work the edges) is exacty what he should do.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I didn't see Doug woolards holtz extension on the list

Hmmm.  Every Holtz team that ever took the field looked far better than what we've seen through three games.

Get a clue. The game was NOT called pitifully. The truth is that we have NO TALENT on this team and we will suffer the slow curse of Skippy for the next few years until Taggert gets his type of players in this system. The plays are there, the PLAYERS are not.

We absolutely lack talent...but you're telling me McNeese State and FAU have more? And even then, so much more talent that they come into RJS and beat us by double digits? No.

yes they do. I guess you didn't see their defensive lines bulldoze our offensive line or their RBs run over our LBs. our QB play has been the worst in the country probably on both levels of football. you look at the names on the front of the jerseys and assume who the more talented team is.

Hmmm.  Every Holtz team that ever took the field looked far better than what we've seen through three games.

really? you must have missed quite a few games last 2 years.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

yes they do. I guess you didn't see their defensive lines bulldoze our offensive line or their RBs run over our LBs. our QB play has been the worst in the country probably on both levels of football. you look at the names on the front of the jerseys and assume who the more talented team is.

Sorry. I'm not buying it. Anyone who honestly believes FAU or McNeese has more talent is trying to make excuses.

We're not a good team right now and won't be for awhile. The talent is worse than most of our conference, but no freaking way it's SO bad that were getting blown out by these schools

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

shaw averaged 7.8 yards per carry and had 159 yards rushing. bench was 8 for 23 for 128 yards with a pick and 2 sacks.

yes running shaw up the middle(i'd actually like to see him try to work the edges) is exacty what he should do.

Our tackles and te's are horrible. The only reason running plays work inside is because the de's are to far upfield.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

really? you must have missed quite a few games last 2 years.

Not at all.  When did we lose to a BCS team...by 30 points?  When did we lose to FAU?

I wonder if you missed the games the last 2 years, when we lost by a couple of points to Louisville.  This team is worse by leaps and bounds, obviously.