• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone watch the LaTech vs Tulane game last night?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  150
  • Days Won:  0

SKIP IS THE WORST COACH IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!

4 Mins left in the game and LaTech scores to make it 15-24.  Skippy goes for 2!  LOL!  They of course fail on the 2pt conversion and and now they are down 2 scores with 4mins left and basically game over. 

All he had to do was kick the PAT go down 8 and hope to score again.  Every other coach in pro, college, and/or hs would of made the smart decision and kicked the PAT and given their team a chance to wint he game, but not SKIPPY!!  I think USF and LaTech should sue him for all the money they gave him for breech of contract.  He breeched his contract when he signed it and said he was a coach.

SIGH...

I am so happy he is gone, pissed we have to pay him 500k a year for a few years!

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

They would have had to go for 2 eventually. I don't get why it matters if its the first TD or the second. If he misses it on the next TD, he still needs the ball one more time.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

They would have had to go for 2 eventually. I don't get why it matters if its the first TD or the second. If he misses it on the next TD, he still needs the ball one more time.

^This

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

lol @ OP

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

Risk vs. reward.  Try to take advantage of momentum and go for two now vs. not make the conversion and effectively kill any momentum and hope at winning the game at all.

I agree with the OP that most coaches would have taken the kick and then let the chips fall where they would for an onsides kick, or even just a defensive stop (they had 4:00 left and 3 time outs).

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Because getting the six is more of a challenge and when you need to keep your team pumped to get another six you want them not to feel deflated, IMHO.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  150
  • Days Won:  0

Its a % and odds game.  If you kick the PAT you have a chance at scoring again and can tie the game with a score and 2pt conversion.  However if you go for 2 there and make it you are in the same boat and still have to score another TD, but if you miss the 2pt you are down 2 scores and your chances to tie are drastically reduced.  Its risk vs reward.  You risk everything by going for 2 with no real reward because if you take the safe/correct choice you are still in need of a TD.  Risk vs Reward. 

Skippy is the worst coach in football!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

^This

Slick will take any opportunity to defend one of the worst coaches in college football.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688

Its a % and odds game. If you kick the PAT you have a chance at scoring again and can tie the game with a score and 2pt conversion. However if you go for 2 there and make it you are in the same boat and still have to score another TD, but if you miss the 2pt you are down 2 scores and your chances to tie are drastically reduced. Its risk vs reward. You risk everything by going for 2 with no real reward because if you take the safe/correct choice you are still in need of a TD. Risk vs Reward.

Skippy is the worst coach in football!

It's not a risk vs reward. He has no choice but to go for 2 on either the present TD or the next one. The next TD missing the 2 would still make add another possession.

Either way he has no choice but to go for 2 eventually.

What he gains or losses by going for 2 when after a TD when down by 8 or when down by 15, the consequences of failing to convert are the same.