• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Winning the National Championship...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I'll take the clean program. Of course it's hard to balance between naive and skeptic, but I feel there are some programs out there that do things the right way and have had successes because of it. Stanford is one. They aren't winning national titles, but they're dominating their conference, taking care of their OOC matchups (regardless of strength of schedule), and they have become familiar to being in BCS games or at least conference championships. Regardless of the timing of the fall of programs like USC and UCLA (the latter which I feel is on the upswing now), they have built themselves properly to sustain for years when they have a star player leave (Gerhart, Luck, half their defense). Plus, I guess I can be happy that Willie Taggart knows that system and supports it. It's not a short process or an overnight turnaround (I think Stanford still went 1-11 in Harbaugh's first year before things kicked into shape), but if Taggart can keep recruiting his butt off and bringing in the right guys (which, should be a little less constricted because Stanford's academic requirements are higher than most), USF will definitely build the clean and classy way that Taggart promised when he got here.

To be honest, there's not another program that jumps out to me that I can feel as confident saying they are as clean.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I prefer a clean program, from the top down.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,698
  • Days Won:  108

If its dirty, just don't get caught.

Not getting caught and being clean are two different things.  Would rather be clean and know our 3 wins aren't going to be dismissed by the NCAA.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

My guess is USF is running a mostly clean program.  Can't imagine we are going to find out about guys getting $10k or more to play here.  Because if that was happening there would be more 5 star guys coming here.  A phone call or text made on the wrong day? Maybe.  But nothing like what OK State is/was doing.

If we were paying our players, I'd be more upset that we're not getting our money's worth, and less upset that we are not running a clean program.  

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

why vote against the hostess program?  I don't see how that is bad.  The girls do it on their own, it is not **** or prostitution.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

:facepalm:

I truly hope you aren't an accountant.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

It's easy to choose a clean program because most here know USF will never sniff a national championship.

Plus, it would be pretty embarrassing if USF wasn't running a clean program based on their lack of success on the field.

Edited by Leviathan

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

There's a difference between NCAA violation and illegal. We get that, right?

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Where did I say anything about legality? Can you please point out where I did that. You continually assume. And while you are at it, Google GAAP. Accounting was my major at USF, what was yours?

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Where did I say anything about legality? Can you please point out where I did that. You continually assume. And while you are at it, Google GAAP. Accounting was my major at USF, what was yours?

Not getting caught cheating as an accountant is far different than not getting caught running an athletics program.

I mean you quoted your post. It's mentioned right there