• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oklahoma State one ups Miami - drugs, pay to play, sham jobs, effortless A's, "hostess" sex with recruits

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Boom headshot!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/okla-st-ad-apologizes-big-220202270--ncaaf.html

An Oklahoma State assistant coach paid cash bonuses to players of up to $500 for performance.

- Oklahoma State boosters and at least two assistant coaches funneled money to players and provided sham jobs for which players were paid.

- Tutors and other school personnel completed school work for players and professors gave passing grades for little or no work.

- The program's drug policy was selectively enforced, allowing some star players to go unpunished for repeated positive tests.

- Some members of a hostess program used by the football coaching staff during the recruitment of players had sex with recruits.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687

That last one is really really obscene and the university should get huge recruiting penalties. The university basically using young women as hookers for the recruits... Are these hostesses getting paid big or are they just sluts who get off on the recruits? Either way it's completely unethical. The whole story is full of bad ethics but the hostesses sex with recruits takes the cake.

It could be though the girls just have the hots for these guys.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Considering the NCAA hasn't and isn't going to do more than wag their finger at MIami, I don't see how this story is any different. 3-4 scholarship reduction for a few years, maybe a bowl ban, couple years probation. Move along, nothing to see here.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,079
  • Days Won:  39

The NCAA is a joke.  How has Miami still not faced penalties?  I wonder if the same will go for OKI State? 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

T. Boone is probably livid

Never mind, he's making excuses:

There’s one word I have for the
Sports Illustrated
reporting on Oklahoma State University: Disappointing.This series is not reflective of Oklahoma State University today. Many of their sensational allegations go back a decade ago.

There have been wholesale changes at the school in recent years in leadership and facilities. During that time, I have given more than $500 million to OSU, for athletics and academics. Have I gotten my money’s worth? You bet. We have a
football program
that has a commitment to principled sportsmanship. They understand the expectations we, as fans and supporters, have for the program.

We have an incredible and growing fan base, and a loyal group of alums that believe in the character of our players, coaches and administrators.

But I do welcome this scrutiny. If people take the time, it’s an opportunity to better understand where Oklahoma State is today, not a decade ago. It’s a different university today. It’s a better university. If there are areas where we need to improve, we’ll do it.

Which leads me back to my disappointment with Sports Illustrated, and their failure to ask the most important question of all: What’s happening at OSU today?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/t-boone-pickens-says-disappointed-si-article-because-210939907--ncaaf.html

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

LOL.  No accountability for anyone anymore.  Hopefully the behind-the-scenes reaction from T. Boone Pickens is different from this one.  

It's funny.  So, if a man cheated on his wife 5 years ago, and she just found out, do you think she'd be any less pissed?

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Days Won:  0

Unfortunately, team hostesses doubling as team prostitutes is more prevalent in college programs than one would think.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

Unfortunately, team hostesses doubling as team prostitutes is more prevalent in college programs than one would think.

Say it ain't so!

All of this is happening at most places.