• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone else need some hard drugs after watching that game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Prozac and Xanax

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

We're going to need drugs for all of 2013. It's going to be a really rough year, and its just starting.

FAU is beatable at least. I think we beat them

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I have a cold so have been pounding the Nyquil.

So that explains your drunk posting on the game thread. ;)

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Last time...what did we expect after last week? This was improvement, and that's what we need every game.

Fair game. Let's talk expectations.

I expect, after months of hype, a solid team on the field, not the dumpster fire we have. 

I expect DW, as the highest paid AD in the (former) Big East, something to show for it. Instead we get silence, complacency. 

I expect a football team to have WRs who can catch passes, OLmen who can block, and a QB who can read defenses. 

I expect, as a diehard fan, some success after 3 years of false promises, and upwards of 7 years of sheer letdowns and disappointment. 

You have the expectations that would be justified IF USF was an NFL team with Free Agency and parity.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not sure we can beat FAU.  I say this after having 4 Cuba Libres and a couple of beers watching the game.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,765
  • Days Won:  3

Last time...what did we expect after last week? This was improvement, and that's what we need every game.

Fair game. Let's talk expectations.

I expect, after months of hype, a solid team on the field, not the dumpster fire we have. 

I expect DW, as the highest paid AD in the (former) Big East, something to show for it. Instead we get silence, complacency. 

I expect a football team to have WRs who can catch passes, OLmen who can block, and a QB who can read defenses. 

I expect, as a diehard fan, some success after 3 years of false promises, and upwards of 7 years of sheer letdowns and disappointment. 

You have the expectations that would be justified IF USF was an NFL team with Free Agency and parity.

I think you'd be well advised to temper your expectations especially regarding 'hype'. It's going to take a long time - something few within the program are going to say because (a) fans don't want to hear it, (b ) fans want WINS NOW, and (c ) hype = marketing and is seldom credible, and (d) it's BEEN A LONG TIME since we had any wins so the waiting becomes intolerable. What do you expect ADDW to do? Didn't he fire Holtz and hire Taggart (and you'll recall the hype around that...just sayin'). Expectations for a team with receivers who can catch, some semblance of an offensive line, and a competent QB are what we all WANT. However, here's what we've GOT. And I know that this broken record is tiresome, but until CWT can get his own players (not just a handful) we are going to have to play with what xCSH left in the stable.

As for the last expectation: something after three years of false promises and seven years of in-conference meltdowns....it's going to take time. I know that sounds like a broken record, but that's the bottom line. Anyone who harbored the belief that all CWT had to do was to show up and all would be well, that we would - in his first year honestly be back in a bowl game, that he was somehow this miracle working, walking witticism factory who, by virtue of hobnobbing with the Harbaughs could just step in here and deliver ON FALSE PROMISES, and less than realistic expectations was setting themselves up for disappointment. I have full faith and confidence the CWT can get USF back on track, but that trip will not be short nor pretty. That's just the way rebuilding works. It's a process. It's a process of undoing what the previous coach did and at the same time adding your systems. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Wow!!! As usual you're dead on correct on all points el Presidente. Well stated.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Very well said... Like I've said, now is the time for patience and growth... I think most of us have kids and realize that we want them to do a lot of things and then we realize we have to teach and reinforce those right things before its realistic we expect them to do them... It's frustrating as hell... But you temper that frustration by understanding its all new to them

From what I saw yesterday, I'm now in the bus, I saw a massively improved team and a team who never quit... I saw a few players not giving 100%, but those players do not represent the whole team...

We are FAR from good, but you add a mobile QB to our offense, our D keeps improving, and we will go bowling... If it's a local bowl, great, we save $ to spend in a bigger bowl next year...

Right now, and I only speak for myself, but I'm happy about the wk1 to wk2 improvement.... I'm optimistic about the future...

Dear Lord do I want to win, I really do, but what I really want is a team who wins consistently into the future.... Like a child, teach them the right way, and they will do it the right way consistently into the future...

All I can do is show up and support them, and I can assure you I will be doing that

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

It was the battle of putrid offenses.  USF's offense is more putrid than MSU's, do we win a trophy?

Not even close.  MSU's offense has 2 TDs against Western Michigan and SFU.  The defense has 4.  You at least have the excuse that you were going against the best defense in the country.  MSU has the worst offense in the modern era.  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just gonna take some time, people.