• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone else need some hard drugs after watching that game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Last time...what did we expect after last week? This was improvement, and that's what we need every game.

Fair game. Let's talk expectations.

I expect, after months of hype, a solid team on the field, not the dumpster fire we have. 

I expect DW, as the highest paid AD in the (former) Big East, something to show for it. Instead we get silence, complacency. 

I expect a football team to have WRs who can catch passes, OLmen who can block, and a QB who can read defenses. 

I expect, as a diehard fan, some success after 3 years of false promises, and upwards of 7 years of sheer letdowns and disappointment. 

You have the expectations that would be justified IF USF was an NFL team with Free Agency and parity.

I think you'd be well advised to temper your expectations especially regarding 'hype'. It's going to take a long time - something few within the program are going to say because (a) fans don't want to hear it, (b ) fans want WINS NOW, and (c ) hype = marketing and is seldom credible, and (d) it's BEEN A LONG TIME since we had any wins so the waiting becomes intolerable. What do you expect ADDW to do? Didn't he fire Holtz and hire Taggart (and you'll recall the hype around that...just sayin'). Expectations for a team with receivers who can catch, some semblance of an offensive line, and a competent QB are what we all WANT. However, here's what we've GOT. And I know that this broken record is tiresome, but until CWT can get his own players (not just a handful) we are going to have to play with what xCSH left in the stable.

As for the last expectation: something after three years of false promises and seven years of in-conference meltdowns....it's going to take time. I know that sounds like a broken record, but that's the bottom line. Anyone who harbored the belief that all CWT had to do was to show up and all would be well, that we would - in his first year honestly be back in a bowl game, that he was somehow this miracle working, walking witticism factory who, by virtue of hobnobbing with the Harbaughs could just step in here and deliver ON FALSE PROMISES, and less than realistic expectations was setting themselves up for disappointment. I have full faith and confidence the CWT can get USF back on track, but that trip will not be short nor pretty. That's just the way rebuilding works. It's a process. It's a process of undoing what the previous coach did and at the same time adding your systems. 

+1 Well Said

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  150
  • Days Won:  0

Last time...what did we expect after last week? This was improvement, and that's what we need every game.

Fair game. Let's talk expectations.

I expect, after months of hype, a solid team on the field, not the dumpster fire we have. 

I expect DW, as the highest paid AD in the (former) Big East, something to show for it. Instead we get silence, complacency. 

I expect a football team to have WRs who can catch passes, OLmen who can block, and a QB who can read defenses. 

I expect, as a diehard fan, some success after 3 years of false promises, and upwards of 7 years of sheer letdowns and disappointment. 

I bet you also expect to get six pac abs with out working out.

I bet you also expect to win the lottery without playing.

I bet you also expect to marry a hot model without asking her out.

I bet you also expect a raise from your boss without coming into work.

The problem with your "expectations" are that they are unrealistic in the real world.  USF is not a good football team at the moment because of Skippy.  It will get better but this is not a quick fix.  There is no bandaide solution nor do I want anymore bandaids to fix USF football.  I want CWT to build this program like his mentors have at Standford and San Fran, and how he was building at WKU.  WE have been lucky as a fanbase to not have to go through a "down" time or "rebuilding" but now is the time for that.  I am looking forward to watching the team be built by someone like CWT. 

Stop trying to rush the process.  If you are such a die hard fan then support the team, its staff and coaches in good times and bad.  Be a true fan!

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

OP-yes

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Got my injection just watching some life come back into the Bulls, so I'd say no but I'm hoping for a stronger dose this weekend. Our D came around, Macks, so don't beat yourself up too bad. I just hope your D can score 2 TDs in every game for your sakes. Wish ours could.

Who needs drugs anyway, we have TBP to bring us up or down--we have members to do either!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

****, just woke up... Is today Sunday???