• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How bad is South Florida?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386
  • Days Won:  0

“Their starting quarterback is one of the worst I’ve ever seen at any level.â€

“He makes bad decisions, he’s not very mobile … †Hickey continued of Floyd, who’s now thrown seven INTs and zero TDs in his collegiate career. “You could tell the backup quarterback belonged at this level. He moved around, he was patient. He looked like a competent QB. If he starts, it might have been a better game.â€

http://db.lsj.com/blogswp/couchonfire/how-bad-is-south-florida-mcneese-state-beat-writer-says-it-depends-the-bulls-plan-at-qb/

I found this article on the Lansing State Journal. I really don't disagree with anything the McNeese State writer wrong and really that Floyd isn't starting this week. I always find it interesting to see what our opponents newspapers think of us.

Edited by Pyotr

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

It was an awful game for Floyd - but defense lost that game.  Gave up way too many big plays.  Floyd did look like the worst D1 QB I have ever seen - but that doesn't mean it wasn't aberration.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

It was an awful game for Floyd - but defense lost that game.  Gave up way too many big plays.  Floyd did look like the worst D1 QB I have ever seen - but that doesn't mean it wasn't aberration.

ummmm...Floyd gave up 14 points himself.  and we could not move the ball at all during the 1st half, defense was gassed.

defense isn't completely off the hook but Floyd sure as heck isn't either.  He has no business being our starting QB

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

defense looked bad but the offense gave the opponent the ball 3 times inside our 16 yard line on turnovers including 1 pick 6. plus 2 more times inside our 40 on punts. we only scored 21.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

It was an awful game for Floyd - but defense lost that game. Gave up way too many big plays. Floyd did look like the worst D1 QB I have ever seen - but that doesn't mean it wasn't aberration.

ummmm...Floyd gave up 14 points himself. and we could not move the ball at all during the 1st half, defense was gassed.

defense isn't completely off the hook but Floyd sure as heck isn't either. He has no business being our starting QB

Agree completely. I watched the game again last night and Floyd did almost nothing good overall. For instance, forgot about him getting sacked on a 2nd and 1 inside our 10yd line at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. Big things like two pick sixes are bad enough...but it's smaller things like that that can snowball a whole game out of control.

If Floyd gets the start today, it's just bad coaching judgement.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

And quite frankly he's lost out there and he's been here only one year less than Eveld who looks like he knows pretty well what he's doing, even if he is limited physically

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

And quite frankly he's lost out there and he's been here only one year less than Eveld who looks like he knows pretty well what he's doing, even if he is limited physically

Eveld even looked better scrambling...maybe has improved that part of his game too.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Was not pretty; Eveld gets a shot today, but if its no better, then what? Is Bench ready & able?

Too many questions, but patience has to be there

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

Last week the defense sucked for sure, but the offense definitely put the entire team in a bad position. Floyd's 2 interceptions (he almost threw another pick six earlier in the game when Dunkley turned in and Floyd hit the DB right between the numbers. Good thing he dropped it). So, Floyd's 2 INTs lead to 14 points. Shaw's fumble another 7 then Floyd being sacked then the subsequent bad punt snap. That is 23 points directly attributable to the offense.

There is no excuse for it, but between the defense being gassed plus them all trying to be heros and by trying to play outside the system caused a lot of defensive breakdowns.

All we need is at least competent performance from the QB and the rest is fixable. Floyd looked lost out there. I saw no swagger or confidence is his body language.

One of the 4 guys has to at least be competent. If not, let Ryan Eppes go back to QB.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687

We will find out how bad we are today. If we look like a high school te again then we know, we're bad.

If we see more effort and better play from the defense then there is still some hope. This is a game where we can lose but still show huge improvements as a team.