• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

0-1 and the season is lost?  Okay, you can leave now, we'll see you next year.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

0-1 and the season is lost? Okay, you can leave now, we'll see you next year.

Please God YES

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Whatever happens, don't put Floyd back in.

I don't think we see him again.
entirely possible he alternates them by quarter or series.
Did Taggart say something about that? If he didn't I think it would be very unlikely. Its just my opinion/prediction.
pure speculation on my part

Respectfully, I hope things don't turn out that way.

This mornings Trib says CWT has not decided on a QB for MSU and that they will compete during the week.

http://tbo.com/taggart-bulls-waited-for-bad-things-to-happen-20130903/

UNCERTAIN AT QB: Taggart said he expects to decide on a starting quarterback later this week as the Bulls prepare for Saturday afternoon’s game at Michigan State. Sophomore Matt Floyd, who was benched after opening the third quarter with his second interception, and senior Bobby Eveld, who threw two touchdowns in relief, will compete during practice.

what is there to think about

\

play bench!!!!!  the other two suck

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

0-1 and the season is lost?  Okay, you can leave now, we'll see you next year.

I think he's predicting 5-7 .... I'll take it.

That's fine, he can still leave.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Many of you asking about Steven Bench and USF QB battle. Taggart said today Bench is "not as comfortable" with offense & has been dinged up.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

For the record, it was clear that Eveld is the better option over Floyd right now. I wasn't making an argument that their stats are similar, so, stick with Floyd at all. Just pointing out that Eveld isn't the best answer on earth either.

I'm not advocating that Floyd is the answer, but, as I reflect, I can cut the kid a little bit of slack. Many on here say that he put the defense in a bad spot and they gave up. Well, the defense and special teams didn't give him much to work with either and by the time he threw his interceptions, he was pressing, trying to make plays that weren't there.

1st drive, great.

2nd - started on the 10, punt/safety (actually did move the ball 20 yards here though and would have expected them to be starting inside the 30ish)

3rd - defense gets a pick at the 50, move the ball a bit and miss a FG

4th - moved the ball and punted (still think Davis could have caught the deep ball on this drive)

*Defense gives up 91 yard TD drive

5th - Shaw fumble at the 7

*McNeese scores TD

Right up until that point, the offense wasn't great, but, we were moving the ball a little bit and looked like most other teams that played on saturday, a little out of sync.

Again, I am not saying that Floyd is the answer, he definitely didn't look good at all, but, there were a lot of games where the offense of the big team was struggling. In those game though, the punter could punt more than 30 yards, and the defense could tackle until everything worked itself out on offense. Oklahoma had 4 punts to open the game before they got things together. We'll never know how Floyd would have played if he wasn't feeling like he had to battle back against a 1-AA team that his defense should have been able to handle.

Hindsight is 20/20, but, CWT probably should have started Eveld with the anticipation that we would have a big lead and he could bring Floyd in in the second half.

The inability of our defense to get a stop is very troublesome and causes me much more concern than the QB situation at this point.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Many of you asking about Steven Bench and USF QB battle. Taggart said today Bench is "not as comfortable" with offense & has been dinged up.

I'm not sure there are that many players that ARE comfortable with the offense, yet ...

I'm not sure there are that many players that ARE comfortable with the offense, yet ...

Maybe, but Bench wasn't here in the spring

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125
  • Days Won:  6

I don't much about Bench but if he is not in the competition this week I am not optimistic.