• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time to Step Up...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Tough times ahead. This board is going to become toxic. May be time to take an extended vacation from TBP...until this team comes back to life.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,013
  • Days Won:  469

Bandwagoneers???????  Is it wrong to be furious with a team that plays with lack of effort and gets the snot kicked out of them by a 1AA team that was 3 touchdown underdogs?  How long have you been a fan.  We've been there since day one. 

I don't see the connection of how long one has been a fan to a good piece of advice.

Perhaps some that have been there since day one, me included, needs to drop the baggage.

That's how some of the "die-hards" define their existence with the mindset of "I am going to blindly support this enterprise no matter the process, outcome, or value."

My feeling is "Show me why you think you are competent with my money". Until then I'll watch the games on TV but spend my money on something else.

I don't think you know what blind support is any more than you know what blind non-support is.

Tough times ahead. This board is going to become toxic. May be time to take an extended vacation from TBP...until this team comes back to life.

That's the easy way out.  I've said that to people before.  If when the team loses and adversity is at hand, bailing out is the easy path and doesn't help.

It's harder to remain a vocal supporter of your team.

That's good for you.  You'll just be a bandwagoner and not the type that any program would try to build something around.

I don't think you're missed at all, to tell you the truth, but if it gives you some thrill or sense of accomplishment so be it.  

I don't get why you hang around here though.   When I cut off my support, I'm out.

Just because I stop throwing money blindly at something doesn't mean I don't withdraw my hopes for its success or stop planning my day around watching their games. I just don't get people like you who view being a fan as a binary choice - if you're not all-in then you are not a "real" fan.

Try understanding different points of view and maybe "lesser" fans like us won't frustrate you as much. I can tell you that there is a lot more that I agree with you on than differ overall.

If I was a bandwagoner I would have bounced a long time ago. As long as there is a USF I will be around.

As deters just informed you.

I understand you're frustrated and angry.  What I don't understand is why you would pull out financially as a supporter, yet still frequent this message board to display your glee in making what you feel is a good decision.  I don't understand why you come here so happy to celebrate your decision.  I would think you would just tune out until they met your expectations - why take such joy in last night's debacle?  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

Booooooooooooooooooooo!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

That's good for you.  You'll just be a bandwagoner and not the type that any program would try to build something around.

I don't think you're missed at all, to tell you the truth, but if it gives you some thrill or sense of accomplishment so be it.  

I don't get why you hang around here though.   When I cut off my support, I'm out.

Just because I stop throwing money blindly at something doesn't mean I don't withdraw my hopes for its success or stop planning my day around watching their games. I just don't get people like you who view being a fan as a binary choice - if you're not all-in then you are not a "real" fan.

Try understanding different points of view and maybe "lesser" fans like us won't frustrate you as much. I can tell you that there is a lot more that I agree with you on than differ overall.

If I was a bandwagoner I would have bounced a long time ago. As long as there is a USF I will be around.

I understand you're frustrated and angry.  What I don't understand is why you would pull out financially as a supporter, yet still frequent this message board to display your glee in making what you feel is a good decision.  I don't understand why you come here so happy to celebrate your decision.  I would think you would just tune out until they met your expectations - why take such joy in last night's debacle?  

I take no joy is what I saw happen to my team last night. I am just glad I didn't have to pay $2500 to see it. That's it.

I'm sure there are tons out here that aren't glad they DID pay $2500 and up to see it .... but the point is, they did, because they know there would be zero hope without doing it.

• Upvote 1

I take no joy is what I saw happen to my team last night. I am just glad I didn't have to pay $2500 to see it. That's it.

Okay so you took joy in that.  I suppose had they won, you would have felt sadness as you didn't contribute, and would be here extolling the pain of not supporting your team.  

Doesn't really matter.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197
  • Days Won:  0

Bandwagoners? We're down to 22K actual attendance and falling. We've been losing decent fans steadily. Most of the bandwagoners washed out in 2008 and 2009. People are reasonably pissed off. The unconditional fans could probably fit in the soccer stadium. That's just the way it is.

This is something that got lost in the fiasco that was last night. It was the first game of the year, and that's all that came through the doors.

It's not a mightier than thou position.  I guess it's because I didn't pull my support and let others do the heavy lifting for me, like you did.  

You're just a different type of "fan" I suppose.  Thanks for letting us know again and again you pulled your support.  

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'm the Teflon Don, I'll stick around. That was a brutal game to watch last night. From the lack of effort from some of the players last night, it looks like there are quite a few locker room cancers bringing down what Taggart is trying to build.